Chapter Three- Delorean

Doc set up the explosives and exploded an opening into an old mine, where the Delorean was. Doc hit the button and a huge explosion erupted from the ground.

Marty and Y/n held on tight to eachother as they felt the earth move. They all stood up and looked at what Doc had just exploded. "Woah!" Y/n and Marty said together. "I think you woke up the dead with that blast!" Marty yelled, Y/n laughed and nudged him playfully.

"Take this camera. I want to document everything!" Doc said handing Y/n an old 1950's camera. All three of them, including Doc's dog, went down into the mine, wearing headlamps.

"This reminds me of the time I attempted to reach the center of the earth. I'd been reading my favorite author, Jules Verne. I spent weeks preparing that expedition. I didn't even get this far. Course, I was only 12 at the time." Doc said.

"Yeah, I remember Mom telling me about that! She said that Grandpa had gotten so mad at you for coming home so late!" Y/n said, remembering the stories her mother would tell her about her Uncle Doc.

Doc laughed remembering too and then continued talking.

"You know, in his writings, Jules Verne had a profound effect on my life. It was when I was eleven that I first read Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. It was then when I realized that I must devote my life to science." Doc said.

Marty wandered away from Y/n looking at something, she followed him. Marty shined his flashlight on a boarded-up wall. "Doc, check it out. Look at this." Marty said. Y/n saw that her Uncle's initials were carved into the plank of wood.

"My initials! Just like in Journey to the Center of the Earth! That means the time machine must be right through this wall." Doc exclaimed.

Y/n took a picture with her Uncle's camera and then Marty hit the wall with a pickax. They got the planks of wood down and rocks started to fall. Marty pulled Y/n away, putting a protective arm around her waist.

While Y/n took pictures, Marty and Doc made a hole in the wall to where the Delorean was.

Y/n stepped to the hole in between where Doc and Marty were standing. They shed light on a covered up Delorean ad Y/n took a few more pictures with the camera.

"It's been buried here for 70 years, two months, and 13 days.." Y/n trailed off. Marty whispered in her ear amazed, "How do you do that?" he said, smiling at the woman he loved. Y/n just shrugged, impressed with herself.

"Astounding!" Doc said.

"As you can see the lightning bolt shorted out the time circuit control microchip." Marty read off of Doc's instructions, while Y/n and Doc worked on the time machine.

"The attached sch-schem-uh.." Marty trailed off. "Schematic, honey." Y/n said, leaning over and kissing Marty on the cheek, reassuringly.

Marty nodded, not knowing what he would do without Y/n, "Schematic diagram will allow you to build a replacement unit with 1955 components, thus restoring the time machine to perfect working order." Marty finished, smiling at Y/n.

"Unbelievable that this little piece of junk could be such a big problem. No wonder this circuit failed. It says, 'Made in Japan.'" Doc said to Y/n and Y/n laughed.

Marty perked his head up at the two laughing and said, "What do you mean Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan." Y/n glanced at him, realizing he was telling the truth she stopped laughing. "Unbelievable," Doc said.

Soon they were able to tow the Delorean out of the mine. Marty and Y/n both held flashlights because the sun went down. "You know, when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a cowboy. And now, knowing that I'm going to spend my future in the past, sounds like a wonderful way to spend my retirement years. It just occured to me, Marty, Y/n. Since I end up in 1885 perhaps I'm now in the history books. I wonder, could I go to the library and look myself up in the old newspaper archives?" Doc asked the couple as they were finishing hooking the Delorean up to the tow truck.

"Uncle Doc, you know you can't do that. It's not good to know too much about your own destiny." Y/n said. "You're right Y/n. I know too much already. Better that I not attempt to uncover the circumstances of my own future." Doc said to Y/n.

Y/n looked around, but didn't see Marty or Copernicus "Uncle Doc, where's Marty and Copernicus?" Y/n asked. Doc shrugged, "Copernicus! Marty!" They said at the same time. "I think I see them over there, I'll be right back." Y/n trailed off, seeing Marty staring at a gravestone in shock. The cold wind blew through Y/ n's h/c hair and she shivered, hugging Marty's jean jacket closer to her body.

"Marty what's wrong," Y/n said putting a hand on her boyfriend's shoulder. He turned to her, and said, "Okay, promise me you won't freak out." he said, cautiously.

Y/n replied, "Marty telling me not to 'freak out' is making me freak out, you look like you've seen a ghost.." Y/n trailed off getting on her knees next to Marty and putting her hand on his forehead.

Then Doc came up to them, "What's going on? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Doc said repeating his niece.

"You're not far off Doc," Marty said shining a light onto a gravestone. Y/n looked at it in shock. She took the camera that she was wearing around her neck and quickly took a picture. The gravestone said.

Emmett Brown Died September 7th, 1885

"Great Scott!" Doc said.

"Dies September 7th, 1885! That's one week after you wrote the letter. 'Erected in eternal memory by his beloved Clara.' Who the hell is Clara?" Marty asked. Y/n couldn't speak she just sat there in shock.

"Marty please don't stand there!" Doc said. "Oh! Right! Sorry." he said moving out of the way. He almost tripped but Y/n grabbed his ankle.

He looked down at her, "Hey, hey. Y/n it's okay, get up." Marty said, helping Y/n stand up. "Y/n take a picture!" Doc exclaimed. 'Already got one.." Y/n trailed off.

"Shot in the back by Buford Tannen over a matter of $80 dollars? What kind of a future do you call that?" Doc asked in shock.

Y/n started to tear up, 'Get it together, Cornelia' she told herself, holding back tears.

Marty saw her trying to calm herself down and then pulled her closer to him.