Chapter Fourteen-Making a Duel

Marty and Y/n watched as Doc and Clara danced, "Man, they are tearing up that dance floor." Marty said. "I didn't even know he could dance!" Y/n exclaimed.

Marty laughed, "Do you wanna dance again?" he asked, looking into her e/c eyes. "Oh no, we already danced once and I don't think we're cut out for square dancing." Y/n said.

"Fair enough, but let's walk around. Sucks there nothing I could win you," Marty said. Y/n giggled leaning her head on his shoulder as they walked.

They walked to get some pie and Marty helped Y/n put some on a plate. "Why, Mr. and Mrs. Eastwood. Nice to see you both." Seamus McFly said walking up with Maggie and baby William.

"I see you both got your selves some respectable clothes, and a fine hat, Mr.Eastwood." Seamus said.

"Yeah, well, a couple of people didn't like the way the other one looked on me." Marty joked.

"Sure'n that dress suits you just fine, Mrs. Eastwood." Maggie said to Y/n. "Oh thanks" she replied.

Marty picked up a pie tin, "Hey, Frisbee. Far out." Marty said. Y/n laughed under her breath. He then put down the plate and Y/n and him walked away.

"What was the meanin' of that?" Seamus asked his wife. "It was right in front of him." Maggie replied, confused.

Marty and Y/n ate their pie, while Doc continued to dance with Clara. "Y/n, you got some cherry filling on your cheek." Marty said, laughing.

Y/n wiped her cheek, but missed. "No,no. Here let me.." Marty trailed off, wiping the cherry off of her cheek. He smiled at her and said, "You look beautiful tonight." Y/n blushed and smiled, "I'm wearing the exact same thing I wore yesterday, future boy." Marty looked at her and said, "I know, but your still gorgeous." he said leaning in to kiss her.

When they pulled away, Marty looked over to Doc, a worried expression on his face. "Marty what's wrong.." she trailed off, then looking at Doc. Mad dog Tannen had a gun pointed to his back. "Stay behind me." Marty said as he walked forward, Y/n did what he said.

"I told you to watch your back, Smithy." Tannen said. "Tannen. But you're early." Doc said, scared. "It's a derringer, smithy. Small but effictive. Last time I used it, fella took two whole days to die. Bled to death inside. It was real, real painful. That means you'll be dead suppertime Monday." Tannen said.

"Excuse me. I don't know who you think you are, but we're dancing." Clara said to Mad Dog. "Well, looky what we have here. Ain't you going to introduce me? I'd like a dance." Tannen said.

"I wouldn't you the pleasure. You'll just have to go ahead and shoot." Doc said. "All right." Biff said pointing the gun at his neck. Y/n stepped forward, but Marty stopped her.

"No,no. Emmett, I'll dance with him." Clara said, frantically. Mad Dog picked Clara up and forcefully started to dance with her.

"That's it!" Y/n said under her breath, determined to teach Tannen a peice of her mind. Marty heard her and pulled her back. "No, please. I don't want you getting hurt." Marty said. Y/n saw the sad look in his eyes and said, "Fine."

"I don't dance very well when my parnter has a gun in his hand." Clara said. Mad dog just laughed, "Oh, you'll learn. You'll learn." he said. "You know, Smithy, maybe I'll just take my $80 worth out of her!" Mad Dog said.

"Tannen, leave her alone!" Doc yelled.

"Yeah. I bet there's something you can do that's worth $80." Tannen said to Clara. "I believe you've underestimated me, mister." Clara said, and then she kicked Tannen in between the legs.

"Yes!" Y/n whispered still behind Marty. Then Tannen pushed Clara to the ground. Doc yelled, "Stop it! Damn you, Tannen!"

"No. I damn you." Mad Dog said, cocking the gun at Doc's face.

Then without hesitation, Y/n grabbed the pie plate and swung it, hitting the gun out of Tannen's hand, making Doc's hat fly staight off.

"You." Mad dog said looking at Y/n. Marty stepped infront of her. "Hey, lighten up, jerk!" Marty said, pointing his finger at Mad dog.

"Mighty strong words, runt! You man enought to back 'em up, with more than your girl throwing a pie plate at me?" Tannen said.

"Look, just leave my friends alone." Marty said, turning to Y/n, he took her hand and started to walk way.

"Oh, what's wrong, dude? You yellow?" Mad Dog asked. Y/n and Marty stopped in there tracks and Marty turned around. "Marty. No." Y/n said under her breath.

Marty slowly turned around, ignoring Y/n's warning. "That's what I thought. A yellow belly." Mad Dog said laughing.

"Nobody calls me yellow." Marty said, in a serious tone of voice. "Then lets's finish it right now." Mad Dog said. "Uh, not now, Buford. Marshal's got our guns." one of his goons said. "Like I said, we'll finish this tomorrow." Mad Dog corrected. "Tomorrow we're robbing the Pine City Stage," another one of his goons said. Tannen rolled his eyes, "What about Monday? We doin' anything on Monday?" he said. "Uh, no. Monday'd be fine. You can kill him on Monday." the first goon said. "I'll be back this way on Monday. We'll settle this then right there out in the street in front of the Palace Saloon." Tannen said.

"Yeah, right. When? High noon?" Marty joked. "Noon? I do my killin' before breakfast. 7:00!" Tannen exclaimed. "8:00, I do my killing after breakfast." Marty smirked. Y/n rolled her eyes internally, 'Well look what you've done now, future boy' she thought.

"All right, now break it up. What's this all about? You causin' trouble here, Tannen?" the Marshal asked. "No trouble Marshal. Just a little personal matter between me and the Eastwoods. This don't concern the law." Mad dog said. "Tonight everything concerns the law. Now break it up. Any brawling and it's 15 days in the county jail. All right, folks, come on. This is a party! Come on! Let's have some fun!" The Marshal said.

"8:00 Monday runt, and bring your wife too. If ya'll ain't here, I'll hunt you and shoot her and then you down like a duck." Mad dog said. Y/n grabbed Marty's hand in fear, of how close he was to them.

"It's 'dog', Buford. Shoot them down like a dog." one of his goons said. Tannen then got flustered and said, "Let's go boy's! Let these sissies have their party."