Chapter Four- Drive-in

"Buford Tannen was a notorious gunman whose short temper and a tendency to drool earned him the nickname 'Mad Dog'. He was quick on the trigger and bragged that he had killed 12 men, not including Indians or Chinamen." Marty said reading old documents from the Hill Valley library. Y/n sat on the table, while Marty stood next to her, reading. 

"Does it mention me? Am I one of the 12?" Doc asked pacing the room. "Just a minute." Marty said, and then continued reading, "However, this claim cannot be substantiated, since precise recordings were not kept after Tannen shot a newspaper editor who printed an unfavorable story about him in 1884." Marty finished

"Oh my god! That's why we can't find anything, ugh that asshole." Y/n said, referring to Mad Dog Tannen.

Suddenly Doc came towards Marty and Y/n and handed them a book. "Look William McFly and Family," Doc said.

"Your relatives.." Y/n trailed off, getting down off the table to get a better look at the picture.

"My great-grandfather's name was William," Marty said, looking at the picture as well. "That's him, good looking guy." Marty said pointing at him.

"You're only saying that because he looks just like you, future boy." Y/n joked. Marty looked at her and smile-smirked say, "Am I wrong?" Y/n shook her head and blushed.

"Mcfly's, but no Browns," Doc said, worried.

"Maybe it was a mistake, Doc. Maybe that grave wasn't yours. There could've been another Emmett Brown back in 1885. Did you have any relatives here back then?" Marty said looking between both Y/n and Doc.

"No, future boy.  The Browns didn't come to Hill Valley until 1908. Then they were the Von Brauns." Y/n said.

"My father changed our name during the first World War." Doc said after Y/n spoke.

"Doc, Y/n, look." Marty said, holding a photo. They both gasped seeing the 1985 Doc standing in front of a hudge clock. "Great Scott!" Doc explained.

"It's you!" Y/n in the same tone of voice. "Then it is true. All of it." Y/n said realizing the her Uncle gets shot in 1885. Marty put a comforting arm around her waist.

"It is me who goes back there and get shot.." Doc trailed off. Marty looked serious, "It's not going to happen, Doc. After you fix the time circuits, and Y/n puts the new tires on the Delorean, we're going back to 1885 and Y/n and I are bringing you home." Marty said. Y/n looked at him, and then turned to her Uncle and said, "You bet your ass we are."

Time Skip

Doc was fixing up the Delorean and told Marty and Y/n to change their clothes. Y/n went into the girl's restroom at a closed Drive-in movie theatre, in the middle of nowhere. She opened the bag to see what she had to wear.

She saw a cowgirl hat, and a red tacky-looking cowgirl jumpsuit. 'This is not time appropriate' she thought. She put it on and left the bathroom, holding Marty's jean jacket in her hands.

She walked out of the restroom at the same time Marty did, he was wearing a tacky-looking cowboy outfit, and the same hat Y/n had on, he was carrying a pair of boots.

"It's like Uncle Doc didn't even try," Y/n joked looking at Marty. "We look like idiots," he said agreeing with Y/n's statement about her Uncle. Y/n laughed.

Y/n and Marty walked out to see Doc, "The clothes fit?" they heard Doc say. "Yeah. Everything except the boots, Doc. They're kind of tight." Marty said as Y/n kept giggling. Marty playfully pulled her by the waist.

"Uncle Doc, are you sure this stuff is authentic?" Y/n said pointing between herself and Marty. "Of course! Haven't you ever seen a Western?" he asked his niece.

"Yeah, I have, Uncle Doc." Y/n said rolling her eyes.

"Clint Eastwood never wore anything like this." Marty added.

Y/n looked at Marty in confusion. "Clint who?" Y/n said. Marty looked at his girlfriend, he had forgotten she was from the '50s, 'she seemed so modern' he thought.

"Thats right, doll. You haven't heard of him yet. It's okay though, when we go back we'll watch one of his films." Marty said, giving Y/n his classic smile-smirk.

"Marty, you have to wear the boots. You can't wear those futuristic things back in 1885. You shouldn't even be wearing them in 1955!" Doc explained.

Y/n interally rolled her eyes, 'yet we're going back to 1885 looking like Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney from 'Girl Crazy' she thought.

"Alright Doc, as soon as I get there I''ll put them on." Marty said to Doc. "Okay. I think we're about ready! I put gas in the tank. And your future clothes are packed." Doc explained running towards the Delorean, Y/n and Marty following closely behind.

"Just in caes, fresh batteries for your walkie-talkies. Oh, what about that floating device?" Doc asked the couple, putting the batteries in the time machine. Marty grabbed the hoverboard from the back of Doc's car. "Hoverboard," Marty said.

"Oh right." Doc said taking it from Marty and putting it into the Delorean. Y/n walked over to the passangers side and opened the car door, throwing Marty's jean jacket inside.

"Doc, it's gonna be a hell of a long walk back to Hill Valley from here." Marty said.

"Still the safest plan." Doc said. Y/n then walked over and stood next to Marty, he took her hand.

"We can't risk sending the both of you into a populated area or to a spot that's geographically unknown." Doc continued.

"You know, he's right, future boy." Y/n said, agreeing with her Uncle.

"We don't want to crash into some tree that once exisited in the past." Y/n continued.

"This is all completely open country, so you'll have plenty of runoff space when you arrive. Remember, where you are going there are no roads. There's a small cave over there which will be a perfect place to hide the time vehicle. Well, the new time circuit control tubes are warmed up." Doc said to Y/n and Marty, Doc ran to the time machine and got in showing Y/n and Marty the time curciuts.

"Time curicuits on! I wrote the letter September 1st. We'll send you an Y/n back the next day. September 2nd. That's a Wednsday. September 2nd, 1885, 8:00 am. " Doc said typing in the cordinates.

"I get shot on Monday the 7th. You'll have five days to locate me. According to my letter. I'm a blacksmith, so I'll probably have a shop in town." Doc said, handing Y/n the letter and a the photo of 1985 Doc infront of the huge clock.

"All we have to do is drive the time machine directly toward that screen, accelerating to 88 mph? Right Uncle Doc? " Y/n asked. "Exactly, very good!" Doc said to  his niece.

"Wait a minute, beautiful. If I drive us straight toward that screen, we're gonna crash into those Indians!" Marty said looking at Y/n dumdfounded.

Y/n laughed a little and said, "Marty, you're not thinking fourth-dimensionally. We'll be instantly transported to 1885 and those Indians, will not be there." she said putting a loving hand on his shoulder.

"Right.." Marty trailed off, a little embarressed.

Y/n kissed him on the lips. They heard Doc, clearing his throat and the couple quickly pulled away.

"Good luck, you two! See you in the past.." Doc trailed off, dramatically.