Wear your Tragedies as Armor, not Shackles

Red irises stared blankly at the raging sea underneath her feet, her frown increasing while the strong wind helped the salt water to clash against her body, her bright red hair clinging to her face from the sweat of her previous training.

The dark gray sky brightened as the lightning painted it down, meeting the turbulent waters with a loud sound, everything seemed beautiful when looking from the high cliff that she was.

But then again, all of the beautiful things are found in chaos.

The sudden change in the air made the goddess' grim face turn into a wicked grin, her lowered head tilting to the side, making her bright locks shadow her features as her eyes turned deeper, darker, scarier.

"You have to adjust the length of your release, it'll provide a few more feet per second" Ares suddenly said, looking at the hooded figure holding the bow and arrow, making her release it, while she just took it in her left hand.

The goddess rolled her eyes and quickly pulled back and extended her hand, sending the arrow with incredible speed towards the same woman, pinning her cloak tightly to the tree.

"Foolish little sister, you should know better than to have someone attack me with your little toys" Ares taunted, standing up from the ground and calmly walking towards the woman.

"Now... why don't you come out and talk to me like a civilized person?" The goddess of war finished, standing some feet away from the fearful woman who was trying desperately to take the arrow off her.

The powerful sound of synchronized footsteps turned Ares' smirk into a wide crazy smile, her eyes quickly counting down the female warriors before they narrowed down at the leader.

"You didn't attend the meeting last night. Why didn't you show up?" Artemis demanded, pointing the arrow at Ares' heart, her fingers pressing tightly against the silver material as she looked at the ginger with a tense posture, while Ares continued to rock on her feet, her fingers twitching in anticipation.

"Ohh I'm so sorry, didn't know you were expecting to have a heart to heart with your big sis!" Ares mocked, bringing her hand to her chest with a fake pout.

"Since you were so worried, I'll be more careful from now on. Now, I must ask you to leave, you know how I can get when I feel... pressured" Ares continued, her smile turning into a deadly glare while she stared down at her half sister.

"It's regarding the stolen lighting last night" Artemis stated, ignoring Ares' warning.

"How unfortunate, I really haven't seen it at all recently. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the lightning decided to take a walk on the park to get some minutes away from father."Artemis clenched her jaw in annoyance, her fingers turning a white color as she put more strength into it.

"I see... what an incredible coincidence that the same day you don't show up, the lightning is stolen" Artemis pressed, taking a step back when she noticed the red sparks leaving Ares's fists.

"Why don't you just come out and say it?" The goddess of war asked seriously, not even noticing how her hands were heating up with her anger, her eyes glaring at the hunters of Artemis with a very well known rage, her rage was something that the gods and goddesses always tried to shut down, to hide, to control, to domesticate like it's done to animals.

And this... this made Ares even more angry, the hatred seemed to have poisoned the blood orbs. The disgust on her sister's face seemed to have wakened the wild animal that was trying to break free.

Her hands were now surrounded by a red mist, that slowly crawled towards the huntresses, the weaker ones immediately fell to the ground, holding their heads tightly in their hands as the scene of their worst fears killing them started to overpower their sanity.