The Death of a Mother

"You really think you have everything covered, don't you?" Athena mumbled while she couched blood, her eyes flickering to the storm forming on the sky with hidden concern.

"Oh no, that would be you" Ares said shortly with a frown as she noticed she couldn't feel where Niklaus or Eris were.

"Always thinking of yourself as the best warrior, the strongest goddess, the better mother" Athena spat venomously, making a smile play on the warrior's lips as she walked closer to her.

"Well, considering you're the one laying on the ground and not me, I guess we have the first two points covered and if I'm not wrong, neglecting your children doesn't make someone a good mother, so I bet I'm better than you in that topic as well" Ares taunted as she kneeled beside the hurt goddess, harshly wrapping her fingers around Athena's arm and pulling her up.

The goddess of wisdom laughed at this, making Ares narrow her eyes as she disappeared with her sister to her domain, aware of the lack of fight that Athena was putting on.

"Not all of them though" this made the ginger freeze in her steps, confusion dripping from her face as she looked at a smug Athena.

"What are you talking about?" Her voice was cold, quickening her steps towards one of the cells of her castle as the twin wolves followed by her side, growling at the unwanted companion.

"Oh you don't remember, do you?" Athena teased her sister, a glare appearing on her face as she looked at the wolves.

"Well, clearly not, or I wouldn't be asking you" the blood goddess was becoming annoyed and frustrated, not registering Athena's flinch as her hold tightened around her arm.

"46 years ago, we had once again kidnapped you, father decided to see if you were useful for anything and we got a witch's seed on your body, you should thank Hecate for your lack of memory" As Athena recited the story, Ares' head began to hurt badly, flashes of the forgotten era appearing in her mind as she stumbled to the ground.

"What did you do to me!" Ares shouted as she placed both hands on her head, screaming as the pain intensified and ichor started to drop from her eyes, mouth and ears.

"The kid was a failure, your genes had affected the baby far too much, almost annulling the paternal side and creating an abomination for the witches" Athena laughed coldly, looking at the goddess with amusement as she tried to sit up in her weakened state.

Ares suddenly remembered the small baby, his black hair and dark blue eyes, she remembered looking lovingly at him before they had taken him from her arms, she remembered the lightning entering her body once again as she tried to protect him from the gods.

Zeus had wanted to create a weapon, a combination of demigod and witch that would fight for the gods and sacrifice his life for their well-being, but when he used his monstrous daughter in the experiment, he didn't believe her powers would affect the kid 'negatively'.

While the witches were supposedly protectors of nature, Ares stood for everything against it, instead of using magic to fight, she relied on brute strength.

She wasn't created to protect, but to hurt and to kill. Her rocky relationship with Hecate was a very known fact as well, so it wasn't a surprise that the witch had cursed her child.

"What happened to him?" Ares hissed as she stumbled on her feet, despite her dizzy state, her anger was far too much for her to lay on the ground and keep quiet.

Athena had the decency to look afraid as Ares continued to near her, knowing that the side effects of her sister remembering the incident should have put her in a dark painful slumber until all the memories resurfaced again.