And if love be madness, may I never find sanity again.

"Klaus, Ares" the couple turned to look at the door of the gymnasium, seeing that the brooding Salvatore had just entered it with Aphrodite on his back.

"Nik, big sis! Where's Bekah? I want to see Mystic Grill" Aphrodite asked, looking around the gym as she dropped off his back.

"Came to save your damsel, mate? She's with the werewolf" Niklaus answered, caressing Ares leg as she sat on his lap while the ginger put her head on his shoulder.

"I came to ask for your forgiveness and pledge my loyalty" Stefan argued, making a smirk rise on the goddess' face.

"Well, you broke that pledge once already" Klaus told him calmly, placing a kiss on Ares' head while Aphrodite sat down beside them and started to braid her sister's red hair.

"Elena means nothing to me anymore and whatever you ask of me... I will do" the vampire promised, making Ares snort.

"Your loyalty means nothing to us anymore, why would we spare you? Give you mercy? Mercy is for the weak, when a man confronts you, he is the enemy and the enemy deserves no mercy, I've started wars just for the fun of it, why would we let go unpunished?" Ares asked, standing up from Niklaus' lap once Aphrodite had done her hair and walking towards a petrified Elena.

"How about this... if you're telling the truth about Elena, I'll let her go, but if you're lying... well, don't mind me if I make her my new play thing" Ares continued, before she mentioned for her sister to come closer, making Stefan pale as he gave her a pleading look, but Aphrodite only smirked.

"He's lying, big sis, he still loves her... oh, would you look at that! She doesn't reciprocate all of your feelings, Stefy, why's that, sweetheart?" Aphrodite hummed, getting Elena in a trance as her eyes glazed over.

"I'm growing feelings for someone else" Elena answered quickly, her eyes widening at the confession.

Klaus laughed at this before he vamp sped towards Stefan, wrapping his hand around his neck while the younger vampire tried to break free.

"She means nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up" Klaus hissed.

"Let her go! I'll do whatever you want, you have my word!" Stefan shouted.

"Your word doesn't mean much, I lived by your word all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this... stop fighting" The original hybrid compelled him, making Ares' smirk widen, pulling Elena back by her hair when the brunette tried to stop Nik.

"Don't do this, don't do this" Stefan pleaded, his eyes full of fear when he saw Ares' red orbs fixated on Elena.

"I didn't want to, all I wanted was your allegiance. Now I'm gonna have to take it, it looks like you were right, my love, Damon Salvatore would be the best companion" Klaus answered, making Ares look away from the human for a second.

"You will do exactly as Ares and I say, when we say it. You will not run, you will not hide, you will simply just obey" Klaus finished.

"Stefan!" Elena whispered, her brown eyes watering at the empty look on his face.

"My my, looks like Stefan is just a tool now, how about we test it? Stefan, why don't you taste a doppelgänger's blood? I heard it's the only thing good about them" Ares said, letting go of Elena's hair, making the brunette stumble forward when Stefan appeared in front of her, immediately sinking his fangs on her neck as her screams filled the room.

Ares closer her eyes and smiled in delight, opening her now blood red irises as she pushed him away from her.

"Where's my necklace? Look, Nik! She has it!" Rebekah shouted, entering the room with a cellphone on her hand that showed the picture where Elena wore it.