♫~Notes 129~♫

Mulai dari awal

Her head turned his way, his features sharpening as the tears slid down.

"First, I don't like you." He put in front of himself his index finger. "You were a mean girl to everybody." He took a deep breath. "But I would be a total jerk if I didn't step in. Meanie or not, I couldn't let that guy hurt you."

His eyes locked with Freya for a moment. "Second, it seems you are taking care of the cat I saved from the pool." The dark horse behind him stomped the memory of water into the ground. "And these kittens are hers, right?"

Ueno nodded.

"So, call me stupid... but I guess you aren't that rotten." His eyes followed the shadow of his oldest brother, asking him for help.

Their eyes headed his way, making him nervous, and he was used to having full class staring at him.

He pushed up his glasses. "That's—"

His mobile phone rang, giving all of them heart attacks. "A-Ai!" he picked it.

"I'm at the vet!" Their middle brother huffed. "The vet took the cat. He needs to operate her immediately." He coughed on the other side.

"Is she alive?" Kagetsu barked, saving Ueno's throat from the pain or talking.

Rigaku switched the mode into a loud call.

"Barely. She lost a lot of blood." Another sight came. "Now we can only wait."

"Alright," Rigaku said.

"I'll stay here for now." Aiyoku thudded on the other side as he probably sat down. "I'll keep you updated."

"That would be great, Arigatou." Rigaku ended the call once his younger brother had said his goodbye.

A loud sigh came from Ueno, her makeup, hair, and clothes ruined, but a small smile rested on her face. A rare sight for her.

The silence spread among them with only the kittens quietly meowing. Nobody knew what to say or to do. The awkward moment needed a push in the right direction, but who would do the first motion?

"Let's head back," Rigaku suggested. "Ueno-san needs a new uniform, and I think it's time for a snack."

His stomach agreed, casting spell across other's faces that brought up their smiles.

"Good idea!" Kagetsu was the first one on his feet. "But what about them? Their mom is gone."

"How old they are?" the oldest Kamini asked.

Ueno needed a few moments to realize he was talking at her. "I think..." She counted on her fingers. "About three weeks and a few days."

Rigaku nodded, looking for something on his phone. "Good, it seems they aren't dependent on the mother's milk, and they can eat normal food."

"Yes, I offered them granules a few days ago. It went well so far."

"Perfect, we can't keep them here since we can't spend a night with them. It would be best for you to take them home—"

"No! They would die!" Ueno shrieked that she scared everybody.

"W-What do you mean?" Kagetsu was the first one to react.

The girl clenched her fingers, unable to give them the answer.

"Then we shall take them with us," Rigaku concluded that would be the best solution. "We have enough space."

"Are pets allowed there?" his brother asked, standing up and checking inside the hut.

His face brightened as he noticed the toys on the floor. The plush mouse was begging for pats.

"Yes, if they don't notice them." Rigaku gave them a devilish smile.

\\_(''>_<'')_//

A few hours later, they could take a breather. For the rest of the day, they spend moving the needed cat's stuff into their apartment. Rigaku used his natural charm to distract the receptionist for them to smuggle the kittens inside.

Freya put down the cat's lair, and the kittens headed there as it still smelled like mom. They kept calling her, unable to understand where she had gone. Aiyoku joined them an hour later.

The surgery was successful, but this night would decide if Taiga would live or not. She still needed to wake up from narcosis.

The kittens had gotten their corner in the living room with the rest. This way anybody could wake up and check on them if they meowed. However, that might not be needed as Ueno had fallen asleep curled right next to them.

Freya covered her with a blanket at least, but her senpai would regret this in the morning. Keeping quiet, they gave the kittens their dinner and watched them as they had fallen asleep as well one by one.

 Keeping quiet, they gave the kittens their dinner and watched them as they had fallen asleep as well one by one