➳ 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Ha, I'm glad to hear it," he turned around to watch the dance floor too. "These guys are rough. I heard that once you buy it from them, we're not allowed to stop even if we want to."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at Eric for a second, then away. He took another sip, trying to suppress the churning in his stomach.

"Do you have it?" Eric asked.

"Yeah."

"The same."

The trade happened quickly as always. Once the boy had what he wanted, he smiled and tapped on the dealer's shoulder. "Welcome back, man, and don't go too far. I might need you again tonight."

┊𝒟┊

After a few more sales, Jungkook decided it was time to go back into the character again to avoid suspicion. He found Jimin easily when he entered the dance floor.

"Are you done?" the boy asked accepting the drink from him.

"No, not yet," he replied, his eyes fixed on Jieun as she talked to Seulgi. "I still have some deals to make. I'd need you to keep distracting them for a while. I won't be able to stay around that much."

Jimin pursed his lips. "Okay... Where's the, um, Joy... girl?"

Jungkook chuckled softly and shook his head. "Jimin, you do realize the kind of girl she is, right?"

"Blogger?" he said, knowing it wouldn't be the real answer.

"Joy does the same thing I do. Hanging out with me is bad enough. You don't need more of these people in your circle of friends... and she can be a pretty bad influence on you..."

"Thanks to you, I'm halfway there."

"Let's pretend today that you're not," Jungkook shrugged then smiled soon as Jieun began to head towards them.

"Hey. I was missing you already," she purred, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He smirked, hovering his lips over hers. "Not as much as I was."

"Argh, bye," Jimin said, leaving them alone to look for Seulgi.

"What's with all the secrets today? Every now and then I see you two whispering things to each other."

"Jimin's having... girls problem."

"Don't tell me he's crushing on that friend of yours," she asked evenly, preparing herself for the answer she already knew.

But the only thing Jungkook did was to give a light shrug. "I won't. So you liked Joy?"

"I find her to be very cute, actually. It surprises me to know you never had anything with her before."

"I look like the kinda guy who dates girls only because they're cute?"

"Isn't it why you're with me?" she raised an eyebrow.

"How can you think that's the main reason?"

"Because it just... seems like it is."

He playfully parted his mouth in disbelief. "Now I'm officially offended."

Jieun laughed. "Alright. List me the other unknown reasons."

Jungkook took a deep breath and tugged her by the hips but was careful not to lift her tight silver dress. He has noticed a bunch of mischievous glances over her the minute they arrived.

"For starters..." he began, looking down at her. "You're a funny girl."

"I am?" She giggled.

"Mm. And very determined... I like how you go after the things you set your mind to, taking chances, even you're scared... I also like the way you care about other people. The devotion to your family and friends. How you want to help everybody. How you worry for those who probably don't deserve half of your attention."