➳ 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"It's not something I need it," Joy shrugged. But a glance from Jungkook made her continue. "I make money with social media. It's a pretty good deal if we're talking about high income without much effort."

Jimin grinned. "Maybe you can help me gain some followers. I'm not that popular..."

Joy moistened her lips, smirking behind her glass. "Anytime."

Seulgi only rolled her eyes at that.

Rubbing his forehead and realizing they were wasting too much time there, Jungkook asked, "Joy, don't you have to look for your other friends?"

"They are not here yet," she said, looking around, then her eyes stopped at the girl he was hugging from behind. "Lee Jieun, right? I heard many things about you."

"You did?"

"Oh, yeah," she waved a hand. "I can't even recognize Jungkook anymore. The only thing he seems to care about now is you. I think it's sweet the way he's acting all loving in this relationship given that he didn't in the previous one, which wasn't that great."

Jungkook could feel Jieun's smile even though he was busy scanning the club with his eyes.

She glanced up at him. "Is that so?"

Once he found two customers arriving, he gently pushed her, turning towards Jimin and giving a light tap on the bridge of his nose.

It was the signal.

The boy sighed in understanding, then downed his drink all the way down. "Let's go dance. Jungkook, can you order another one for us meanwhile?"

"But I'm still working on mine-" said Seulgi.

Without saying a word, he took the glass from her hand, downing her as well.

"Hey!"

"Come on," he pulled the girls to the dance floor, smiling briefly at Joy on the way there.

She returned the gesture, watching them vanish among the crowd. "Cute friend you have."

"Don't even think about it," Jungkook told her, ordering a whiskey. He shouldn't be drinking, but the events were asking for a dose.

"You can date one, but I can't?" Joy narrowed her eyes at him. "Anyway, how was I, loving boyfriend? Will that calm her down?"

"For a while," he sighed, reclining on the counter.

"I think she bought it," she said, twirling her hair with a finger. "I am a damn good liar, after all."

Jungkook never bothered to contain the smirk. "You're enjoying this too much."

"Totally," she smiled, toasting her glass with his. "Yoongi wants five million today. Not less than that, so we better get started it. Bye-bye."

Out of the corner of his eyes, he caught a customer leaning next to him — body facing the bar.

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Eric," he casually took a sip.

"Haven't seen you here in a while. What happened?"

"Busy in school and all. You know, the usual stuff."

"Really?" Eric chuckled. "That's funny, 'cause someone told me the new dealers are not letting you guys in this club anymore."

Jungkook took another, deeper drink from his glass. "Nonsense."

"Is it?"

"Nobody can tell us where to sell."