Chapter 8: Thunderstoms and Talking

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together.”

****

Louis's POV

I walked slowly back to the house. What was the point of going fast? I was just going back to an empty, cold, heartless house. No one would be home. That's the only reason I'm going there.

I reached the steps and raced to my bedroom. Unfortunately Darcy had left a pillow lying in the doorway and I face planted onto the hard floor.

I groaned and rubbed my throbbing nose. Since I didn't have the energy to get up I just laid there. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples, hoping the headache would go away. It didn’t.

So many thoughts were bouncing around in my head, and I couldn't stop them. There are so many questions I need answers to, but no answers come to my mind. Only more questions. I'm questioning myself, Harry, my foster parents, but most of all the point of living.

Everything I've worked for is gone. Whatever I had left is gone. I'm so confused and frustrated with Harry. My foster dad keeps hitting me, my grades are slipping, and the whole school knows I live with foster parents now. Everything bad is happening right now! Why?

Then it dawned on me. Harry. Everything started when I met Harry. I let myself open up to someone and now my life is worse than before. I never even thought that was even possible, but I guess it was.

What had Harry and I been doing in the bathroom anyways? What happened between us? He was leaning in to kiss me before those boys walked in, or at least I think he was. The scariest thing is that I was going to let him.

I shuddered and decided to go to my bed. I pulled off my shirt and pants, leaving only my boxers on and slipped under the covers.

But I'm not gay, I'm straight.. So why was I going to let him kiss me? It must have been just one of those in the heat of the moment kind of things. Yeah that's it, I don't like Harry. He's just a friend, that's all.

Besides, he probably doesn’t like me either. Why did I just feel sad about that? I hate my emotions. They’re so confusing!

I stared out the window across from my bed and realized that it was raining. The world must be against me today or something. I’m terrified of thunder storms. I pulled the blankets over my head and wiped away the few tears that had started to fall. I don’t know how I have anything left to cry. All I’ve done lately is cry. I’m such a wimp.

Wait a minute. Why would he like me? I'm ugly, worthless, untalented, sarcastic, rude, annoying, and boring, or at least that's what I'm told. He must feel the same way.

"This can't be happening." I groaned and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.

Why do bad things always happen to me?

That thought brought on a new wave of sobs. I thought back to a few hours ago when Harry was holding me, and letting me cry into his shoulder. That moment had felt so right. He made me feel better, like nothing in the world could ever hurt me, but now I just feel like my whole world has come crashing down around me.

Why was he so worried about me? Maybe because he caused it, he caused this, this is his fault.

No it's not! I can't blame other people for my stupid mistakes.

I stood up and threw a pillow at the ground. I'm not crying anymore, now I'm just angry. I picked up the picture of my parents sitting by my bed and screamed at it.