• Oᴛʜᴇʀ Sɪᴅᴇ •

| ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ  -  ᴄᴏɴᴀɴ ɢʀᴀʏ |

" ɪʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ"
____________________________________

Reece entered the dreary building warily, sweeping swiftly past the drunken cluster of men that currently inhabited the run down bar, ignoring the hollers and distorted voice that called out to him as he made his way to the steps, climbing up them with shaky legs.

The boards creaked with his weight, ominous thumping matching the pace to his wildly hammering heart that wouldn't tame for even a second, enough for him to collect his thoughts and block out that awful ringing.

But the alarm bells were still ringing through him, blaring in his ears as he paused from outside his fathers office door. A place he was all too familar with, and each experience proved more traumatic and chilling than the last. His hand hovered over the door handle, coming up and down as he hesitated to press down on it and simply stroll in.

His father wanted to see him. He never wanted to see him, ever. And now, that ominous feeling bubbling in his gut was amplifying every second he remained in this hell hole, becoming unbareable and clearly altering his body movements in a way that deemed them useles, showcasing his vunrabilty in a perfect frame.

"Come in, Reece." The voice boomed out through the hard wood, and he jumped slightly before shaking his head in disapproval before confidently, or so he hoped, waked into the smoke tantined room.

The mist of chemicals and cancer causing toxins hit his face as it always did, and his reaction was for the part, to stop inhaling it until his lungs got used to it.

But this time, he didn't have the energy to convey a physical reaction. No, all his energy was used up into straining his eyes as he focused fully on his fathers statue, stiff and still.

His heart dropped, falling down all the way to his stomach and resulting in an explosion of nausea to erupt within himself. He took in the surroundings, eyes casting over the few men standing there around his fathers desk, as they usually did. But there were a few familar faces among them, Elias and Indigo were perched at the window, looking watchful. But he didn't focus on that, instead he felt his focus drift to his father.He was mad, he was very fucking mad.

His hand was holding his cigarette in his hand, clutched in his finger tips as he specked the ashes freely around the desk, currently scattered with unorganised papers and irrelevant clusters that were catching the ignited ashes like a fly in a web, holding it and threatening to ignite in ineveitable sparks. But his father wasn't detered from this, instead he continues to narrow his eyes, breaking the previous poker face that hide nothing.

Reece knew when something was seriously wrong, when he had messed up, once again. The fear that was produced in his blood never ceased to exist, it remained a part of him. No matter how many years passed, the way his fathers eyes picked him apart, it still chilled him to the core.

"You wanted to talk to me?" He forced his voice to remain steady, using up the last of his facade to convey a false sense of confidence and stability. He didn't possess neither, but they didn't need to become aware of that.

"I did. I do. It's something that's really..intrigued me you could say." This was wrong, something was wrong.

"Oh? And what would that be?" He let his eyes drift from his father's calm face and he immediately wished he hadn't. Elias was standing there, meeting his confused eyes with one that spelled out pity. His stomach dropped one final time, the dread filling his insides as he struggled to think of what this meant.