• Sᴀғᴇ •

|sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ - ɢʀᴀʜᴀᴍ ᴄᴏʟᴛᴏɴ | ᴅɪᴅ ɪ ᴜsᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴇxᴀᴄᴛ sᴏɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ? Yᴇs. Oᴘᴘs...

" ʙᴀʙʏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴍs ʏᴏᴜʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ"
____________________________________

It felt like forever before the door opened slowly, George revealing a bright smile on his face that was quick to slip away, slowly taking in the sight in front of him with disbelief. This was one of the only times his face didn't mimic George's as he revealed his gorgeous, infectious smile.

"Reece..." he feels his body shake as he inhales an unsteady breath, cold and crisp as it hits the back of his throat, finally able to breathe again after what feels like years. It was only a few minutes ago, how many he didn't have the mindset to count. He guessed it was as long as it took for him to run here, not once faltering on his way.

George looks on in shock, face crumpling with confusion before he reaches a hand out, as if unsure how to act, or more specifically, how he would react.

He melts at the touch, feeling the tension ease out of him as he lets his feelings go, the sturdy dam finally breaking as he feels a heavy sob etch in his throat. George finally wraps his arms around him fully, hand resting on his head as he cradles it, pressing a soft kiss to his hair. One that results in his eyes closing involuntarily, as if to focus on the warmth flooding in through his body, despite the chilling cold layering the hairs on his arms.

"It's ok, Reece. I'm right here, let it all out." He buried his head into the crook of his neck, feeling himself move as George walked steadily into the house, rubbing his back soothingly.

He frowned as they stood in the middle of the room, ignoring any concept of time. Despite how pathetic and weak he sounded, he couldn't help but admit the overwhelming comfort he could feel as George held him, never feeling so safe and protected.

It was ironic, the obvious revelation was sat still in the back of his mind. But right now, as George whispered reassurances in his ear, he couldn't give a single shit.

He simply wanted to stand here, and never go back. Leaving George's arms represented so much more than it originally appeared, he would be leaving the unprecedented content bubbling in his stomach. When he left, he knew it was destined to be replaced by revolt and nausea, an all too familiar feeling. He didn't want it, yet he didn't have a choice. He never did.

"Shh it's ok, it's ok. Do you want to lie on the couch now? We can...watch a movie, unless you want to talk?" He shook his head as he brought it up, looking into George's concerned eyes that shone with understanding. He felt an exasperated sigh of relief escape his lips, eyes softening as he blinked rapidly, images slightly disoriented in a way that made him feel dissociating. The internal panic that had washed over his senses quickly diminished as his view cleared. The tears blinked away as George's face came into view, patient and soft as he stood only inches from himself.

He hated close contact, and no doubt significantly more so when in times of unnerving distress. But yet, here he was. Inches from a boy's face, and all he could feel was safe. There was no panic, distress or anger in his body as his eyes met George's.

He caught himself as he looked away for a second, only then coming to the conclusion that he'd been absently staring at George's face for a few minutes, deep into his eyes. And despite this horrendous fact, George, whose worst fear was eye-contact, was standing with his head held high, never once breaking the deep beaming stare.

He felt himself nod, moving back a little as George guided him over to the sofa, immediately reaching for the remote as he sat down, knees locked and elbows stiff. He frowned, he'd already grown accustomed to George's impulse body movements in their short period of time together.