• Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ •

| ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ - ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛʟᴇs |
____________________________________

Surprisingly, Reece managed to stick to his part of the deal, completing a total of two more sessions with Jackie, although never once participating in the group conversations. He'd shown up, and he thought that was more than enough.

Reece walked in the door, eyes darting around as they always did, taking in the people already sitting down. He'd shown up early, as if to prepare himself for the hour long torture session, that he wouldn't admit he secretly looked somewhat forward towards during the week.

He frowned involuntarily once again, eyes not catching sight of a familiar blondie for the third week in a row. The first week he was absent, Reece brushed it off, despite the fact he has said he was coming. But now it was three weeks in a row? That was a little odd, not that he cared at all. What difference did it make to him? None.

"Reece! You're still here, thank goodness, I was afraid you'd never come back." He creased his eyebrows as Jackie came running over to him, meeting half way as he strolled towards the circle of chairs.

"Yeah, well...I guess i don't mind coming now. Maybe for one more week?" Jackie scowled playfully at him, not once believing him as he played it off, pretending coming here wasn't a big deal to him. Maybe if he said it enough, he'd convince himself.

"Hmm. Sure, like you don't love it." He laughed as he moved to walk past her before her arm reached out, stopping him from getting too far. He frowned, confused.

"Do you know of George is coming back? He hasn't been here the past two weeks, I'm a little worried" his frown deepened even more, how would he know? It's not like they're besties or anything, they've barely talked.

"What? How would I know? I haven't seen him since last time he was here" her face morphed into one of confusion, mouth opening and closing again before she finally spoke up, head nodding.

"Oh. I just thought...you two seemed pretty close when you come, I just thought that-"

"Well we're not, so sorry, but I haven't a clue." And with that he grumpily walked away, plopping down on the plastic chair as if creaked. He sat down with tightly crossed arms, cold expression on his face. He didn't know why that assumption irritated him so much. Was it because he couldn't imagine being friends with George? Or was it the opposite, his mind was currently trying to tell him. Maybe the thought of being close to him lit a fire in his chest, filling it with warmth.

A body fell down into the chair beside him, and he almost got ready to push them right off, maybe not physically, until a familiar voice rang through his ears.

"Hi" Reecea eyes snapped over to George, who was now sitting, shoulders tense as he looked around him, eyeing the seat next to his with intensity.

"Oh, hi. I mean- hey, how are you?" His face morphs into confusion for a moment before he covered it up with a confident smile. Why couldn't he just say a normal, simple 'hello' instead of making a fool of himself as soon as George walks in.

"G-good. I'm...good" he nods at that, staring at George for a few seconds before frowning slightly. He was sitting on the chair, legs stuck together and arms crossed impossibly tight across his chest, eyes trailing to the floor as he chewed on his bottom lip.

"Did you get lost the last two weeks?" George's eyes snapped up as he let out a small laugh, while George just looked on slightly panicked, mind no doubt running around in circles trying to decipher Reece's crap talk.

"What?"

"You weren't here last week, I was only joking." George's face broke into relief then, a small smile reaching his lips as he laughed a little.