• Sɪx ғᴇᴇᴛ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ •

|sɪx ғᴇᴇᴛ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ   - Aǫᴜɪʟᴏ |

" ᴡᴇʟʟ ɪᴍ ᴏᴋ, ɪᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ. Iᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ sɪx ғᴇᴇᴛ ɪᴠᴇʀ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ."
____________________________________

Reece huffed as the sun dawned on him, shining across his features as if he deserved the warmth that was radiating from it. But then again, no matter how bright the sun shined on him, it would never fill him with the warmth he had previously held in his heart. Because no matter how blinding it was, the sun would never shine as bright as a certain someone's smile.

He sat on the windowsill, looking dreary as his eyes welled slightly with tears. And although they were small and hardly even fell, he still felt like he was drowning. Perhaps not in his own tears, but he was certainly finding it hard to breathe properly. He hadn't been able to, not since his heart was crushed to pieces. Maybe a part broke off and cut into his lungs, retracting his ability to breathe freely like he had done so before.

"Reece?" Blake stood, arms folded and a stern expression on his face. He didn't look at him, he couldn't. He'd already spent too much time looking at disappointed faces, ones that proved just how badly he had messed up.

He didn't mean to. And he whished he could fix whatever it was that he had done, but how could you fix something that didn't expand to your own knowledge? To put it simply: he couldn't.

George was mad at him, a vast understatement considering their conversation that had only taken place a few days ago. Why? What did he do wrong? He knew the answer deep down, of course he did. He was ' too complicated' as George had stated. He wasn't stupid, he knew what those few words really meant.

He was a liar who held too many secrets. Secrets that he couldn't dare to reveal to anyone, especially George. They were far too dark and defining. The scenes were already on replay every night, pictured on the big screen that was his mind, replaying and replaying like there was no end. They were all eerily similar. It always started out the same, George would plead for him to simply tell him the truth, without being aware of the consequences.

He would whisper those dark words and suddenly his image would change. In the flick of a switch, Reece wouldn't just be the confident, cocky boy who defied all those titles and blushed around ten times per second.

No, he would be someone else. Someone George didn't want around, far from it. He'd be a criminal, a dirty rat gang member whose morals failed to exist and whose heart was cold as ice. That's how he felt right now, cold and heartless. And he takes it as a sample to the evil George sees when he looks at him.

"For Christ's sakes- reece!" He snapped his head to the side, the penentrating voice splitting his ears, a sensation he was used to by now. Normally, he would associate that impact to Indigo or even Elias, but not this time.

Turns out, despite his pleading wishes, Blake had remained still, standing in front of him with that same expression on his face.

He huffed yet again, turning his head dramatically as he put his hand out, a clear, exasperated 'what?' Action that would probably go over Blake's head from how annoying he was currently being.

"Reece, you can't just avoid everyone. You're father is going mad, he can't believe what you did. And frankly, I'm having trouble understanding it either. All I know, is that you ran off to George's house and then, what?"

He nodded along, making it obvious that he was only doing the action to make it appear as though his ears were picking up every vowel. And that was true, but that didn't mean the words were processing in his mind. Perhaps if he tried harder to listen instead of not bothering about anything, Blake wouldn't be gradually getting more and more irritable.

"Reece..." he sighed, once full of annoyance that was all down to him. It made him feel hopeless and powerful at the same time.

"What? What exactly do you want me to say, Blake. That I messed up? That everyone is either mad at me or full on hates me? No thanks." He moves to get up, watching with fearful eyes as Blake reaches his arm out, stopping him from moving any further.

"You're always so melodramatic! Sitting in this window pane, looking out the window drowning in your own self-pity. Snap out of it." Blake was angry, he knew that. Everyone was angry at some point, and besides, why would he care that he was full of rage? Weren't their body's overpowered with that? I mean, that is why they were all here. They were full of anger and hate, and he was sick of frightening against its strong force.

"And why would I do that?" He snapped, arms coming up forcefully and ripping Blake's right grip off him, causing him to stumble back slightly before he caught himself.

He didn't falter in his strides towards the old, metal steps that creaked impossibly loud. He could already hear the deafening sound and he was yet to place bring his full force down on the weak stairs.

Blake's voice boomed through the small, rectangular room that they called a basement. He'd practically been hiding down here since he skipped out on the 'oh so important' job that he couldn't miss for anything. But that was his dads words, and he didn't abide by them anymore. Not when he had found something much, much more important.

Well, he thought he did. But he didn't want anything to do with him anymore. No one did. He wouldn't care if it was just some stupid person whose viewpoint on him was invalid. But George wasn't just someone.

"Because George is driving me crazy! He's so fucking sad and distressed and he won't tell me anything! I knew this would happen, I knew you would do this to hi-" he snapped his gaze across, neck whipping over so fast he would be surprised if he didn't cause himself whiplash. But he couldn't feel anything as his mind zoned in on specific words. One he never wanted to hear.

"George is sad?" He becomes painfully aware at the bitter vibration of his voice, projecting as weak and confused. But he couldn't bring himself to care, mind too caught up in his thoughts as he stopped walking immediately, slowly spinning to face Blake.

Blake's eyes softened a little, a sigh escaping his lips before he opened his mouth to speak. Apparently, he appeared to go against it, giving him a somber nod in response. It was the better option, he clearly understood that words were useless in regards to consoling him. What words could fix the drowning feeling in his chest as everything caught up with him, building up and blocking his airway. The coldness that hadn't left his body still remained, but it was colder now, like a dangerous piece of ice was cutting into his heart.

"H-how sad? Why is he- nevermind. I don't...I don't care." He attempted to wipe the pathetic look on his face, but as he walked up the steps and away from
Blake, he knew that it was permanently etched on. Maybe it would never leave.

Maybe, this was his true self breaking through. The sad, weak, pathetic one that he had tried so hard to conceal for what felt like a lifetime, and maybe that term was painfully accurate.

He froze, turning around to make sure blake was still there. And as expected, he remained in his stern position, frown playing on his lips. He still had one thing to say to him, something so important he cursed himself for even daring to forget.

"Blake, don't ask questions you don't want the answers to. I didn't break George's heart like you thought I would, but that doesn't mean no hearts were crushed that night." Blake's frown deepened as he came closer, the wooden floorboards creaking under his slow footsteps.

He let his gaze slip to the floor, unable to look blake in the eye as he displayed his vulnerability for all to see. It was like a projector on a big screen, his weakness playing for everyone's entertainment.

"Just...keep him safe, please. Don't let anyone touch him. Just, please take care of him for me, make sure he keeps smiling. The whole world could burn for all I care, but as long as he keeps smiling. That's all that matters."

I was planning on making this chapter longer because I'm worried about how many chapters I've written even though I still have so much to write :(
I don't want this story to be too long and boring but I keep writing short-ish chapters because I think it feels right? Idk.

Thanks for reading! As I mentioned before, updated MIGHT be slower from now on, but I'll still try to do my best :)