• Aʟᴡᴀʏs, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴄᴀʀᴇ •

| ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɪ'ʟʟ ᴄᴀʀᴇ -ᴊᴇʀᴇᴍʏ ᴢᴜᴄᴋᴇʀ |

" ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ "
___________________________________

A Monster monster monster

"Reece? What is wrong with you recently, I thought you were back on track? Somethings not right with you and I-" his fathers voice boomed through the small space, like it always did when he voiced his displeasure for the whole world to hear. Nothing else would suffice, not until the whole building knew that no matter what he did, he fucked up.

"I-it's fine. I'm fine I just need-" the breath was caught in his throat, stuck there as he tried to build it up, to no avail. His voice remained airless, hoarse and breathy as he tried to intake the air that he couldn't feel. He couldn't feel it inflate his lungs, and that thought only increased his desperate throat as he gasped.

He shook his head, already bolting towards the side door after one last look at his father's face. It was hard and dark, not one that you used to console your children. No, it certainly wasn't a look that resembled concern or love. But he couldn't speak his hurt at that, he barely knew what that expression looked like in the first place.

The thoughts were running in his head, thumping in sync with his feet as they crushed the ground below him, stones digging ruthlessly into the soles of his shoes.

The only time he had ever seen anything that even mimicked concern, was only on a select few faces. Only one came to his mind at that moment, and it crushed him more than he thought possible. George was concerned about him. That thought didn't fill him with some sort of unprecedented warmth, no it was the opposite.

George worried about him all the time, this burden he has unloaded on him must be crushing him, mentally weighing him down. His endless worries about where he was, if he was safe, perhaps even if he'd dig deeper into this pit of montrosity.

Who would reece be when he next stepped into George's house and kissed his sweet lips? He could never be certain, ever, that he would be the same person he was when he left. If he was backed into a corner right now, with no way out, what would he be pressured into doing? He'd already done his 'first', who says that's the end?

He dropped to his knees, feeling them buckle under the weight of the tension that locked his shoulders together. The impact on the cold, sharp ground was nothing compared to the pain shooting across his chest as he opened his mouth, willing for the air to just flow into his lungs and let him breathe. He just wanted to fucking breathe again, was that too much to ask?

There was no end to this. He would never be free, he would never be happy, he would never simply be allowed the privilege of just being who he wanted to be. Because this, this would never end. He was on a downward spiral, and he just knew in his heart that the bottom was far, far away. He hasn't reached rock bottom yet, but it was only a matter of time before the darkness consumed him. And who's to say it would stop there? It would just spread, to everyone around him. Everyone he's touched.

George. The darkness. George would be infected with it, and it would be all his fault.

"Reece..?"

"Can you..me?"

"Re..ece!"

The words were slurred in his mind, not bothering, or even having the strength to lift his head far enough to distinguish the voice ringing painfully through his ears.

"Reece, would you just look at me for a second? Indigo, go and get Blake!" He frowned, hearing his friend's name in the mixture of slurred words that his mind couldn't function enough to process. Blake? Wasn't it Blake's voice that was booming through the small, stuffy space that felt as though it was suffocating him?