• Fᴀʟʟɪɴɢ Hᴇᴀʀᴛs •

| Fᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs   - ᴅᴀᴠɪᴅ ʜᴜɢᴏ |

"ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏɴᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴜʀ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs"
____________________________________

"No, no you're bluffing." Elias' face doesn't move, an expression plastered on it that told him everything he needed to know, providing so much more than words ever could.

He snapped, leaping out of the seat and grabbing Elias by the neck, pushing him fiercely against the wall. His expression didn't falter.

"Tell me you're fucking bluffing!" He screams, unable to hold the emotion from his voice. The disturbing thoughts run through his head, causing his body to shake impossibly more than it already was.

Images entered his mind without consent as Elias stared right back at him, a smirk threatening to play on his lips. George, scared and frightened without him there at his side. Without him there to protect him from the danger he dragged him into already, without so much as a warning.

"Y-you don't know anything. I know you don't. You're full of shit-"

"Oh yeah?" He raised his eyebrow mockingly, resulting in Reece tightening his grip, knuckles clenching an unnatural shade of white. His eyes were pathetically desperate as he clenched his teeth, jaw stiff and held high.

He could feel his fists trembling, and he knew it would set off his whole body, resulting in obvious fear being displayed In his body movements. And he wasn't even bothered to hide it. He knew that this was stupid, perhaps he was acting the most reckless he's ever been since meeting George that day, the day he arguably met his true self. The one who knew how to smile, without it appearing dull and strained.

But right now, as he listened to his ragged breathing hitting off the walls, filling the deafening silence that he was to scared to break, he didn't care. Because this was Elias, one of the most determined and blindly cruel people in the whole circle. He was the biggest suck up Reece had even met, and that daunting realisation made his blood run icy cold.

Elias was always looking for something to put him down, something to snitch on to his dad. All so he could be the number one, so he could feel even a fraction of importance in his miserable life. He would do anything, and that was what really scared him.

"No. No you wouldn't- he's fine. I know he's fine."

"Do you? Do you really know that he's safe right now? Tell me then Reece, are you willing to take that risk?" He felt his hands shake mercifully as Elias smirked down at him, bringing his head closer to whisper harshly in his ear. Flecks of spit flew from his mouth as he spoke, words rolling off his tongue and haunting Reece where he stood.

He was right. He didn't know anything. George could be- he could be hurt and dying for all he knew. Was he going to let his pride overtake him and wager a stupid guess? Was that all that George meant to him, that his life could be determined on a simple guess?

He turned his head towards the plastic table which was now tossed over on the ground, cards scattered directionless around the dirty wooden floor boards, the hearts card sticking up and standing out to him. He finally let his eyes drift over to the phone, lying slightly cracked on the floor. The screen was up, and as he strained his eyes, he could see there were no replies from George from earlier.

He always answered him. He never took this long to reply, not unless something was wrong.

His mind turned frantically like broken clockwork, not getting anywhere as time seemed to stop for his thoughts to pass.

He couldn't leave this job, his father would be furious. This was their only chance to catch the target's whereabouts.

But this was George.