• Cᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ •

| ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ - ʜᴀʟsᴇʏ |

"ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀs ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ"
____________________________________

"Reece, he wants you in his office." He snapped his head upwards, pulse quickening as the words processed in his mind. Great, what a good way to finish off an already shit day, go and have a nice little chat with his dad.

He sighed, looking up at Blake as he gave him a pity look, like he understood. He didn't understand, and that look sparked anger in his blood, but he was quick to push it down. Of course Blake didn't understand, how it felt when these horrendous expectations were weighing on his shoulders, hanging around him like a shadow monitoring his ever move and deeming it 'unworthy of such a great empire he had spent all his time building, Damn Reece you think you'd be a little more cruel'

What a joke, his life was a genuine joke. And not the funny kind.

"Yeah, whatever, thanks Blake" Blake simply nodded in response. His head flickered from side to side, devilish smirk forming on his face as he surveyed their surroundings, realising no one was in hearing range before he next spoke.

"Are you going to visit your little boyfriend later" he scowled at Blake, eyes casting around one more time before he stepped closer, watching as Blake's grin expanded, as if his joke was even remotely funny. Boyfriend, hilarious. He tried to ignore the strange sensation swirling around in his stomach, ears already imagining how those words would sound as they fell graciously off George's lips. But that, that was stupid. Impossible. He did not like George in that way. Nope, not one bit.

"He's not my...we're just friends." Blake tilted his head back and laughed, causing his frown to deepen, already turning to head to his father's office. Despite how much he despised the mere thought of that place, anything seemed better than the alternative. Standing here receiving Blake's merciful harassment and endless teasing. Honestly, it was like the boy didn't have any friends. Him and George, they were completely normal.

"Oh? So I guess you don't want to know what he said last night abo-" his talking was stopped short to say the least. His feet stumbling over each other, desperately trying to keep up with his indecisive mind as he turned back around, yet again.

George said something about him? His mind ran and ran around in circles. Happiness was the first feeling he had processed flowing through his body as the words rang through his ears. George actually talked about him, like he was a slightly important factor of his life, like he deserved to be discussed.

"What? He talks about me? What did he say? N-not that I care. I'm just c-" his voice comes out hopeful and full of awe, and all he can think as he registers his words is: well shit. Look at that, the reputation his father is pushing on him to build up, just went flying out the window. Like a paper plane, not very strong to begin with, and eventually collapsing half way through.

"Completely and utterly in love?" He faltered, staring absently at Blake's smug face, as if he knew all the answers in the world. In love? Was he completely off the rails? Honestly, the amount of pure crap spilling out of Blake's mouth recently was severely concerning. It was very concerning, and none of it could possibly be true. He wasn't- no.

"No! No, never. Absolutely not." He shouted a bit louder than indented, and if that didn't give it away, his words certainly did. They were laced with denial and refusal. Rejecting the ridiculous idea that maybe, just maybe, his accusations could possibly hold an inch of truth. He knew he wasn't in love, of course not.

But maybe- maybe his feelings weren't entirely platonic. The amount of times his watchful gaze had drifted down to George's lips crossed his mind, causing his thoughts to scramble. What the hell was going on? He wasn't even gay, was he?