Chapter 43

Pravin went outside the room and dialled Sneha's number.

She answered promptly, " Yes?"

" Mr. Raheja wants to see you. Come upstairs fast."

Sneha glanced at her brother.

He just asked her to stay at her place and guard both Vikram and Rahul,  while he trudged to the VIP section.

" Mr. Raheja?" he knocked on the door.

" Why so formal, boy?" his voice was like music to Ashok's ears.

He entered the room to find him staring at him.

He gulped, " I have made many mistakes fufaji." A tear rolled down his eye. " Fufaji, I wanted revenge. But when the plan rolled on the floor, I didn't like it, one bit." His breath shaky, " I didn't give orders for your accident or even Rahul's and Vikram's. Hell! They both were never my targets. I could never do that." He crumbled down on the floor in front of his fufa( uncle).

The high and mighty Ashok Verma fell off his throne.

Mr. Raheja couldn't bear the pain of this boy. He suddenly remembered Hina's words,
" The boy is in pain."

He was an innocent boy who suffered the loss of his parents at a young age. His sister left him alone to suffer when she got married to Sinha. While he considered them as his culprits and beared hatred for them all these years.

Indeed the boy was in pain and suffered alone all these years. Now here he stood apologising for acting out of vengeful mind.

He distanced himself from them but they, the elders, how come did they allow him to suffer alone for so long.

His pain was unbearable. A tear drop trailed down the face of Mr. Raheja.

"How could we let you suffer for so long? What kind of friends were we to your parents?"
He mumbled. The words were heard and acknowledged by Ashok's raging heartbeats.

" Ashok, get up, my child. Get up."

But he was inconsolable.

He asked Pravin to bring the boy near him. Pravin scrambled to get the man up and sat him up in front of his boss.

Mr. Raheja caressed Ashok's head. He was calming down, slowly. Mr. Raheja said, " Child, please stop crying."

" Fufaji...."

" I know, you did nothing. I can see that. I want the proofs Vikram gave you."

This statement stopped his crying. He was shocked. He knew everything.

" How do you know?" He asked cautiously.

" Vikram sent me all the proofs. The same time he sent you everything. I had actually gone out to meet him, but she proposed her plan and gave me my ultimate punishment." He said wistfully.

" He sent me the proof yesterday morning. Before that I saw your message on her phone. I connected the dots. First, I thought you were involved, equally with her, but then Pravin investigated you and found out that you are just an innocent pawn in her thirst for revenge."

Ashok's breaths were shaky, he squeezed his fufaji's hand, " I'm sorry...I'm sorry."

Mr. Raheja hugged the boy and said, "After Vikram wakes up, take me to him." he instructed Pravin.

To Ashok, he said, " Boy, bring Mrs. Raheja to me. You stayback ask Juhi to do that. Just get her here." 

Ashok nodded and went downstairs.

Meanwhile, " Ask the cops to come, I'm ready for the interrogation." he ordered Pravin.