Chapter 27

Vikram was rubbing his head.He had an intense headache, one which had not occured since years.

He was currently sitting in the dining room with food in front of him.

Sneha was in her room freshening up.

Vikram was disturbed with today's events. He tried calling Rahul several times but the man had an event tonight.

Giving up he had sent a text message to him and tried eating food. But his brain was not letting him have peace.

His mind had diverted to Juhi. Her voice had quivered but he had acted like a jerk.

His thoughts were stopped by the ringing of phone,
" Yes, mom?"

" Did you eat?", she had asked sweetly.

He frowned, " Why do you ask?"

" Can't I ask such a simple thing to my child?"

" The child you paid no heed to! Dont act like you care Mrs. Raheja!" , his voice had raised.

" Is this the way to talk to your mom? Did I not teach you well!", she had asked haughtily.

" Oh believe me, you did!" he had replied calmly this time.

" What is with the attitude! Just give me the answer!", she had lost her calm.

Sighing he replied, " No mom, I am waiting for Sneha."

" Sneha? Isn't she supposed to be with her husband?", she prodded.

" Yes, but he is out on business. She is staying for a few days."

" What?? How could you let her stay at your place?", she shouted. " Vikram, do you think Juhi won't mind? How can you not see that? I have asked you many a times leave Sneha and Rahul!"

Vikram had enough, " Why do you always get back to this, huh?" he shouted. " Sneha and Rahul are my best friends. They are important. More than you and dad!"

He hanged up the call.

He was breathing heavily.

A hand was kept on his shoulder, he didn't turn.

" Vikram, calm down!"

He shaked his head and just got up and went back inside his room.

Sneha looked at the table with tears in her eyes. Through blurred eyes she saw the untouched food. He had not eaten for the entire day.

' Oh Vikram! Why do you punish yourself for others' fault! I'm sorry you have to go through all this because of us.'

Hina Raheja was frowning at her phone when she realised he had hanged up.

She dialled the number, " He has taken the project down."

" I'm aware." , came a gruffly voice.

" What to do now?"

" I want that project in my lap. Do you understand?"

She replied with a meek yes and hanged up.

She sat down and massaged her head.

She sighed deeply wishing things were different.

Author's Note:

Who is this Mr. Mysterious Hina talked to right now?
Also am I the only one who finds Sneha a bit disturbed?