Chapter 8

Juhi was anxious. She was going to present in front of all the department heads. This meeting would prove her worth as the heiress. To top it off, her father was heading the meeting.

She had an early breakfast and rushed to the office. She was present in the conference hall 30 minutes prior to the start.

Her nervousness had got the best of her. She was going through the presentation to avoid last minute mishaps when she heard a ting from her phone. Opening it up, she saw,
V: All the best for the meeting!

A hint of pink appeared on her cheeks. He remembered! She did a mental dance. But her moment of happiness was short lived when she received another message.

Dad: You will do good, beta. All the best!

She was again back to her anxious self. Quickly sending Thank you replies to the two men, she got back to her work.

The meeting started with the arrival of Mr. Mishra. Juhi was nervous initially, but when she looked at others, her confidence came back and pushed her to give one of the best presentations of her life.

At the end, everybody was delighted with her witty remarks and suggestions. Her father had a look of pride on his face, when the department heads appreciated her.

He specifically turned to Narendra, his right hand who was responsible to look after Juhi's training, giving him a nod of approval and appreciation.

After the meeting, Juhi was called by Narendra uncle, he said, " I'm so proud of you today. Now, I would promote you to finance department. You are finished with every department, it is the last. "

Juhi nodded and bent down to take his blessings. To her, he was his teacher who was responsible for all the knowledge she had as of today.

She went ahead to get settled in finance. She was going through her phone, when she spotted Vikram's contact. She texted,
J: The meeting was successful. Thanks for wishing me.

She got back to work and forgot about her phone till lunch.

Vikram, had a crazy rushed morning, like every other Monday morning. He was welcomed in his office by Sneha greeting him with stacks of files to review.

He got busy. In the midst of all this, he had an important video conference, that's when, he saw Juhi's message.

He smiled and sent her a reply, this action of his was not missed by Sneha, who sat beside him, ready to take notes.

After the conference was done, it was lunch time. He asked Sneha to accompany him for lunch.

Once settled in the restaurant, they talked about general stuff. That was the time, he recieved Juhi's reply,
J: I know, it was lame on my part. Won't say thank you for trivial stuff. Happy sir?

He smiled and replied,
V: Good! So, what are your plans for tonight?

Sneha was observing all this, her boss was smiling and texting, that meant it was not business. She was here in front of him and Rahul was busy, she had called him for lunch, but he had a lunch meet. So, who was this person?
Sneha took the opportunity and asked,
" Vikram, what were you smiling at before video conference?"

Vikram rubbed his face and said,
" You remember, I went to my parents' on Saturday?"

" Yes..."

" They found a match for me. Uh, you know her, Juhi Mishra, Mishra group."

" Ooh !" She smirked at him, " So you guys are getting married? When? Where? How?"

" Oh my God woman, calm down!! We will get married. When, not decided. Where, unknown. What do you mean by how?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

She smiled sweetly at him, " I am so excited for you guys. You should totally introduce us. "

" I will, woman. Eat and let's head back."

" Yes, sir."

He smiled back at her. She was one of the pillars of his life. Now he wanted Juhi to meet her and get her approval.

Sneha looked at her friend lost in thoughts, she thought, ' He is finally getting, what he deserves.' She turned her eyes heaven ward and prayed, ' God let him have all the happiness that he deserves.'