Chapter 18

Juhi had a pleasant start to the morning. Her phone had beeped early in the morning with a message.
V: Good morning

Along with a picture of flowers.

Typical, she laughed, he is fulfilling his promise

She had replied with a Good morning text.

At the breakfast table, her dad dropped a bomb as soon as she had joined them, " So, what happened yesterday evening, before my arrival to the parking?"

She sighed, could anything really not escape his attention, " You know, na? Then why do you want me to tell?"

" I know, who had come. I want the details.", he raised his eyebrows.

" Okay! Vikram came.", she replied nonchalantly.

"Yes, I know, why?", he pressed.

She scowled, " Because I didn't answer my phone.", her voice dropped down with the sentence.

" Oooh, why is that?", quirked her mother.

" Why are you suddenly interested, mom?"

" What don't be like that! For what I know, he could be my future son in law.", she bobbed her head to emphasise her point.

" Mom!"

" What "mom"? Continue!", she commanded.

Her father laughed at the two pretty ladies.

Juhi scowled, " Because, my phone was on silent, and he had called me many times."

Both her parents had a laugh at their daughter.

" You are more responsible than this, I believe.", it was the voice of her father, who now had a stern look on.

She nodded and gulped down her morsel.

Vikram had a laugh at her message. She had not sent an image along with the text. He texted,
V: No photo! That is cheating!

Today, he had to pick up Sneha from work. Why? Because her stupid husband who was also happened to be his best friend was working out of town. But this time he would be gone for more than ten days.

So looking after safety was automatically Vikram's responsibility. It was safe to say, his friend had entrusted his wife on his head for the next ten days.

Sneha was waiting for him, outside their house with her luggage.

The driver put the luggage inside the boot and Sneha joined him in the car.

As soon as she entered, she bombarded him with her talks and Vikram had to nod his way through the journey.

When they were about to start with the meetings for the day, Sneha subtly had reminded him to inform Juhi about her stay.

He had nodded, he knew, things were different now, with Juhi being in picture.