Chapter 14

They had finally placed the order.

Vikram asked her, " So, any comments on the place ?"

Juhi smiled warmly, " It is my favorite restaurant!".

Vikram's smile widened, " Oh, really! I got a lucky guess."

Juhi shakes her head, " Yea, I come here often. I love the food."

" Really? I'm here a lot too... I never saw you around."

She raised one eyebrow, " Do you really look around? For all I know, you must be busy with your files while eating."

Vikram chuckled, " Well you are not entirely wrong. But I come here mostly with my friends."

" Oh!"

"Yea, oh!", he chuckled.

" So, tell me about that friend of yours, who dialed my number on your phone.", she had saved this question for face to face conversation.

He rubbed his face to answer, " It was Rahul Sinha, a good friend of mine."

" Rahul, as in the event manager?"

" Yes!"

She was smiling wide at his mention, "Rahul is cool, how come you are friends with him?", she blurted out.

His eyes narrowed and the realization set in, she quickly covered her mouth with her hands and said, " I'm sorry that was uncalled for!!"

His expression didn't change, " What did you mean by that?"

Juhi shakes her head, " Nothing, it just..."

Before she could complete the sentence, Vikram burst out laughing, " Don't worry, I get that a lot."

It was her turn to narrow the eyes.

He raised his hands and said, " I'm sorry, okay. I was just messing with you."

She shaked her head.

He suddenly asked, " What are your thoughts about this match? My parents seem anxious and it was his idea that I should meet up with you. You know, to know each other and stuff."

She nodded, " Well, as of now, I am also trying to get to know you." She wiggled her brows. " I'm new to all this, it requires a lot of effort on my part."

He appreciated her honesty, " I understand. "

She smiled at him and asked, " Is this your first match?"

" Yea."

She asked, " Did you not have any girlfriends in the past?"

He was clearly amused. Looking at his reaction her brain connected with her mouth, " Oh God, you don't need to answer that!"

He shakes his head, " I had many girl-friends, infact one of them is my best friend but not any girlfriend."

She sighed with relief and nodded, " What about you?"

" No boyfriend but a lot of boy friends."

He laughed, " No doubt, you could talk so easily with me."

" Yes" she smiled.

The conversation flowed over the dinner.

They headed back to the car, when Vikram's eyes fell on the bouquet of white Roses in the back.

His mouth fell open in annoyance and stupidity.

He opened the back door to retrieve them and turned to Juhi who had already settled on the passenger seat.

Juhi gave him a look of question, while he stood there holding a bouquet of flowers and rubbing the back of his head.

" Umm, Juhi I got these roses for you...I actually should have given them at the start, but I forgot, sorry."

Juhi chuckled and took them, smelling them in the process. She smiled up at him, " White roses signify peace, if I'm not wrong?"

He got more nervous, " Actually, I wanted to give you Jasmine as Juhi means Jasmine, but they don't sell any  Jasmine bouquet

He got more nervous, " Actually, I wanted to give you Jasmine as Juhi means Jasmine, but they don't sell any  Jasmine bouquet. So, I got the flower that was white and here they are."

Juhi's eyes twinkled with happiness, while her cheeks flushed pink. She smiled, " Thank you, I love them."

Vikram smiled back at her and got back to his seat, starting the car.

Return journey was spent with Juhi being busy showering attention to the flowers. She had a beautiful smile on.

Vikram was happy to find her content. That look gave him satisfaction.

Dropping her off at exact 10 PM, he went off to his house.

She got back to her room, kept the flowers on her side table and reflected on their date.