Chapter 16

Juhi had enough of his carelessness. She grabbed her phone in the lunch and called him.
" Hello!"

Juhi paid no heed to his greeting and started shouting, " You! What did you do all day, huh?"

Before he could reply, she started, "Vikram, you don't call in the night nor did you call in the morning. Don't you get it, you don't just say bye after the date and forget about the person! You continue the conversation."

" Oh"

" Bas, oh! Here I'm waiting for your call or message and you reply oh." She grumbled, " Hey bhagwan, ye kaise ladke se shaadi ho rahi hai meri...kuch nahi aata isko..", she looked up at the ceiling calling for the gods.

Vikram was amused but he couldn't laugh, could he? He was already in trouble.

" Juhi, I'm sorry, I was busy in the night and after previous morning, I didn't think of messaging you in the morning."

" Stupid! What did you do after going home that you were busy? Surely you didn't have to cook! And morning ? Could you not send a " Good morning " or " Have a good day"? You are so annoying Vikram!"

Vikram couldn't control his laughter anymore, " Ok baba, sorry. I was going through files in the night. And as for morning, I will send you a good morning text with a cliche morning photo from my family group."

Juhi groaned, " Vikram!"

" What?"

" Must you make fun of me all the time?"

" No, but you couldn't call? ", he became serious.

" I could, no , I couldnt."

" Decide first"

" I could but I didnt want to!"

" Why is that?", he growled.

" Why should I take the initiative everytime?"

Vikram narrowed his eyes, though she couldn't see them. He replied calmly, " If I recall, I arranged the date meaning I took the initiative."

She sighed, but he added, " Juhi, we are equal and I don't want prejudices in this relationship. You and I can equally take initiative."

" Ok, but"

" But?"

Juhi's tongue had lost contact with her brain long back, but after this reply she was sure her tongue had a mind of it's own, " I'm shy, Vikram!"

Vikram laughed out loudly. " What?"

Juhi's mind overpowered her tongue, she was stunned, what is wrong with her. " Leave it, I'm going bye!"

She kept the phone down, smacked her head and went down to canteen.

Vikram had a good laugh at her expense but when she cut the call, he felt bad. He tried calling back again and again but he recieved no reply. He kept on trying the whole day, but there was no reply.

Juhi was finally done for the day. Smiling, she packed up her stuff and went downstairs.

She was discussing about a project with a colleague and didn't have time to check the phone.

After signing off, she reached the front gate and was about to call the driver to bring the car, when she heard, " Juhi!"

She turned around to see a very angry Vikram standing behind her. She frowned and before she could ask,
" Where is your phone?", he demanded.