Chapter One

"Detention tomorrow."  The teacher handed Matt a pink slip, and walked back to the front of the class to resume teaching.  He shoved the piece of useless paper into his backpack, as I put an earbud in and avoided his gaze.  I leaned back into my chair, and turned 'One More Night' on.  Music was my life, guess I got it from my dad.  The bell rang signaling school was out after numerous songs on my iPod were played, and the whole class filed out.  I was last of course, because I didn't like to be noticed.  I didn't talk to anyone except my cousin Violet (Harry and Georgia's daughter), because no one else made an effort to talk to me anymore.  When I first came to this school, everyone knew Niall Horan was my dad.   "You dropped your drawing."  I turned around, and put my hand out without saying anything or looking up.  The boy hesitated to put it in my hand, so I grabbed it.  "You're welcome?  I rolled my eyes, and stomped off to where Uncle Louis always picked me up on Thursdays.  We just spent a little time together, and then he dropped me back off at the school.  He had to be my favorite uncle, because he was so funny and I felt like I could tell him anything.  "Charlie!  How's my favorite niece?"  "Good."  I half smiled at him.  "Would you like to go to McDonalds and get a mcflurry?"  I nodded eagerly, as he drove towards Micky-d's.  I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out to read the text.  'From: Matt. Come to my house in an hour.'  I sighed, and slid my phone back into my pocket.  We went inside, and ordered our drinks.  "So, how was your day?"  "Fine, same as always."  He nodded, and thanked the lady for bringing our drinks to us...see?  Special treatment when you're with someone famous.  "I just want high school to be over."  "It will be soon."  Not soon enough, but at least summer is in two days.

I walked to the living room in my little house, and sat my stuff down before running out the door with an apple in hand.  Matt only lives three streets over, so I could just walk.  I knocked on his bedroom door, and heard a faint 'come in'.  "Hey."  "Why didn't you tell me bye?  I was worried sick!"  He grabbed my arm, and I winced from the pain.  "I-I'm sorry.  My uncle was waiting and I-"  "I don't care, Charlie!  I've had enough with your excuses!"  He slapped me across the face, and I fell to the ground.  "I'm sorry."  I let a tear fall from my eye, and quickly wiped it away before he saw it.  I stood back up, and looked down at my feet.  "You're pathetic, Charlie."  I looked into his eyes, and did something I never would've dreamed I would be capable of.  I punched him square in the nose.  "Crap!  You little brat!"  He punched me with all of his strength in my ribcage, and I fell onto the ground yet again.  "Get out of my house, now!"  It took all I had in me just to stand up, but I did.  I stammered out the door, and walked a little until I got to a little alley type thing, and sat down.  I was gasping for breath, debating weather or not to call someone, until I could finally walk back home.

(A/N): IM BAAAACK!  So sorry it took a while to upload this...its been absolutely crazy lately. Please know that I read every single comment/message you send me, but i cant respond to all of them since I get so many. I really appreciate you guys for your amazing support and patience.