Chapter 4

"Finally." I screamed while seeing what forms everyone had been assigned. It was my first day of high school and I was blessed with the greatest gift: the gift of being in a different class to Audeus.

"W-why are you so happy?" Audeus suddenly appeared behind me causing me to jump in fear.

"N-no reason, I'm just really excited today." I grinned, trying to hide the real cause of my happiness.

"W-what we're not in the same class?" Audeus looked shell shocked as he realised we would be separated.

"When will you fix that stutter? Also, it's better for us to separate so we could become more independent for the future." I patted his shoulder indifferently while moving away.

"W-we'll still see each other at lunch, right?" He asked while grabbing onto my arm before I could get too far away.

"Hmm, I think it's better for you to make some more friends. Isn't it weird that I'm your only friend? It's better to find more minio- I mean friends." I slapped my mouth due to my inadvertent slip.

In his high school arc, he was supposed to get involved with the wrong crowd and they'd become his life long minions who would do anything for him. It was this time that was crucial for him so he could be shaped into the villain that would become obsessed with the heroine in years to come.

The well of water known as the childhood arc had already been poisoned because the head bully had become my disciple somehow... Don't ask how it happened... I don't wanna think about it.

So now the only thing I can do is sit back and watch the villain being molded.

During registration, I tried to make small talk with the girl seated next to me but found that she had pledged to stay completely silent for the morning.

Then at lunch, I realised I had not yet reached my quota of friends. I wasn't even able to have a conversation with one person. It seemed that the people in my form class already knew each other from primary school so it was hard to join in on their talks.

I sighed as I glanced at the seats next to me, they were empty but soon one of them had been filled by none other than the bane of my existence, Audeus.

"Sovie i-it feels so weird not seeing you in class. It's so lonely." He complained while looking up at me through his fringe.

"Hmm." I nodded absentmindedly as I tried to figure out how he found me so fast, I even switched up my hairstyle and changed my posture.

"Did you make any more f-friends?" He asked while his hands imperceptibly tightened around his fork.

His stutter kept bugging me but not out of annoyance. Like I'm used to it and all but I swear in the game when he gets older it disappears. What was the reason again?

"Uhm, uh did you hear me?" He asked while waving a hand in front of me.

"Yeah, I didn't make any friends." I sighed while rapidly forking the lunch into my mouth.

"R-really?" He asked while holding back a smile.

This guy... he's happy seeing my misfortune. Well, I mean I guess it's good cause it counts as progress towards his immoral future self.

"Yes, really! What about you?" I answered exasperatedly before directing it back at him.

"No." His answer caused me to drop my chicken and mayonnaise baguette in shock.