Chapter 42

...

So cute! I suppressed my squeals of joy as I stared down at Audeus' sleeping face. I crept closer to his side staring at his slightly agape mouth and listening to the shallow sound of his breath.

I dumped the lunchbox on the desk and stared at his sleeping pose. One arm splayed across the desk and the other a cushion for his angelic sleeping face.

He looked so peaceful, so cute and ahahahh I need to pause my train of thought. I wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth as I refocused myself, the true aim of this mission was his hand.

I quietly pulled out a measuring tape from my back pocket, and oh so carefully lifted his pretty little hand away from the desk.

Careful.

I can't wake him up.

Why are his hands so pretty though? I questioned, slightly jealous of how pretty they were. The long slender fingers, pronounced knuckles and soft palm were all enough to make anyone obsessed with hands.

I gingerly lifted his ring finger and wrapped the tape around, a smile crawling onto my face. I had let Audeus do all the heavy lifting in the relationship, the confession, the cooking, the dates. Now it was my turn to pick up the slack with the proposal!

After weeks of trying to catch him off guard, the opportunity finally presented itself to me when I came to his office for our lunch break. I stumbled on the perfect opportunity to measure his finger without giving my plan away.

Hehe. I smiled smugly at Audeus while simultaneously snapping a few pictures of me in the act, and some closeups of his unguarded sleeping face.

As I rolled the tape up with efficiency Audeus' eyes began twitching. I quickly shoved the proof of my crimes back into my pocket and smiled innocently at the slightly dazed Audeus. My fingers quickly went to work in snapping more pictures of his cuteness, making sure not to miss a moment.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a hoarse voice, sitting up to stretch.

"Lunch." I smiled while lifting the lunchbox from the desk next to me.

"... Agh, I forgot to make lunch today!" He covered his face in shame. "I'm sorry, I've been really busy lately." Usually Soee would make lunch for me but after seeing Audeus' sad face every lunch break we decided once a week to trade lunches. Today being that once a week.

"Didn't you see my text?" I scrunched my brows in confusion. "I made lunch for us today." I beamed proudly.

"Eh?" He sat shell-shocked as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Eh? No, why are you crying? Eh?"

"This i-is the first time you c-cooked for me." His lips stretched into an almost blinding smile.

"... No way, right? I must have cooked for you before... I haven't?" Almost 20 years of knowing each other and I've just been sponging off the guy for it all. My face exploded with heat as I looked down in embarrassment.

Shameless!

Mother, I'm sorry you raised such a shameless daughter...

"I'll cook lunch for you from now on, even though it might not be up to par with your skills."

Agh, almost 20 years of debts are piling up! How could I have never cooked for him in all this time? I must be crazy, so selfish. Why is my stomach's will so strong?!

"Y-y-you don't have to." His hands fluttered anxiously and he looked flustered, but that shy smile on his face showed that he was overjoyed at my suggestion.

"Okay, I guess I won't then." I responded nonchalantly ready to take the lunchbox to the table and start eating. I was really hungry, you know?

His hand reached out and quickly grabbed the lunchbox, and my hand with it. I turned to look at his infinitely more flustered face, watching his eyes redden with grievances.

Isn't it haram to be this cute? At this age?

"Just kidding, I was just joking. I'll definitely make you lunch, dinner, breakfast and whatever else everyday from now on." I just wanted him to ask for lunch, you know?

But that expression was definitely cheating.

"Let's eat." I dragged both the lunchbox and my boyfriend over to the table.

A/N: nah but why my art style change every week and why the twins look so good 😭😭😭 better than the main CP 😓😓 I'll need to draw those losers again I'm looking forward to the proposal scene I was tryna figure out how tf to do a proposal without it being cheesy for months like wtf do I do and I finally figured it out. Guys I literally got my first job and quit it from the last update to now loooool