Chapter 36

"Y-you shouldn't behave so frivolously." She scolded him with an embarrassed look. And as much as I disliked his family I couldn't help but send her a thankful glance. Which she returned with disgust, she probably thought that I had led her son astray.

B-but I swear it's the other way around. I sobbed as I tried wrangling my way out of his grasp.

"Mother never worried about these little things before so you shouldn't be worrying about it now." Audeus replied frostily, squeezing me tighter.

"How dare you-" She was interrupted by a woman's scream. We all turned to see a soggy heroine. A glass of wine had been poured over her head colouring her hair a reddish shade and dripping onto her white dress.

"What did you do to my brother?" A blue-haired woman screamed at her while tugging a similar looking blue haired man to her side. The spacey guy from last time! But for some reason he seemed to be looking a lot more sickly this time.

"Ever since he met you he's not been eating or sleeping he's just always spaced out!" She slapped the heroine while Greenwich besides her tugged at his collar awkwardly. His eyes suddenly locked onto me and brightened immediately.

"Look, she can tell you that Goldie didn't do anything to your brother." He pointed at me, as if some random girl at the banquet was a reliable witness.

"Did I ask you to bring forward witnesses? No, I didn't. I want to know what this b**** did to my brother from her own mouth." She glared at Greenwich harshly, turning back to the heroine with a gaze filled with accusations. I squinted my eyes at Greenwich feeling that the blush on his cheeks was quite suspicious.

"I-I..." The heroine's choked sobs rang out and then her gaze landed on Audeus. "A-Audeus please help me!" She ran over towards the two of us, well attempted to before she was clotheslined by the blue-haired saviour.

"Stop running after other people's boyfriends and explain the situation." She asked looking particularly thuggish in her blue evening dress.

"I-I didn't d-" The heroine's sobbing was once again interrupted by the saviour.

"If you say you didn't do anything one more time, god help me I will send you to the ER." She tapped her foot impatiently with arms crossed as she looked down threateningly at the heroine.

The spaced out guy's eyes suddenly landed on me and then they brightened in similar fashion to the other member in his party. He came barrelling towards me with a wide grin.

"I have never seen a cutie so brightly shining like you." He reached out his hand but was quickly slapped back by Audeus.

"Brother!" The saviour ran towards us with a wide smile and tears in her eyes. "You're back to normal." She sobbed while rubbing his reddened paws.

No, this is definitely not normal.

"How do you feel? Are you hungry? Should I get you something to eat?" She fretted while stretching his face and twisting his head to check him.

"Sister, I've never felt so alive!" He chuckled ecstatically. Then turned his attention back to me. "May I have the honour of knowing your name?" He reached towards me again and was slapped- oh he dodged him this time. "Who's this scoundrel with his arms around you?" He glared at Audeus and quickly tried to reach out and grab my hand again, pulling back and narrowly missing the incoming attack yet again.

"Brother, leave her alone." The saviour pulled her unhinged brother away but did not get far.

"But she reminds me of my pup back at home. That brown fella's cuteness matches up to none other than you." He reached forward booping my nose and then jumping back as Audeus' hand attempted to make contact again.

"Haha!" He guffawed.

"Grr." Audeus glared at the freak laughing obnoxiously.

"Bluemer..." The heroine'a hesitant voice called out.

"Ah, Goldie. I think we must part ways from here on out, our paths are not converging." He shook his head and then pulled back his hair with a princely sigh.

The spaced out version of him was so much better.

"But you!" He turned dramatically pointing his finger at me. "Your path and mine are interconnected and will so be as long as eternity. We shall not separate so... why don't you get away from that man?" His posh accent dropped midway as he sent a glare to Audeus.

"Brother, we can plan how to steal the woman later, but first you must go home so that mother and father can be at ease." She muttered and began to drag him away. Why did it feel like her speech had completely changed?

"Her name, I must know her name." He found that neither the heroine, Audeus or me were willing to tell him. He looked around trying to find someone who would be willing to help him solve his problem. "You, what is her name?" He asked Greenwich who was standing there bewildered. He pretended to not have heard him at first and I had an overwhelming desire to high-five the guy. But I should've known he's an unreliable person.

"My brother asked you a question you pest." The saviour who may be just as unhinged as her brother shook Greenwich.

"S-S-Sovie." He finally answered and I wished I could have punched him, especially when I saw the blush colouring his face as he stared at the saviour who was in close proximity to him.

A/N:

D-Double update cause I've been laying around doing nothing this week RIP introducing Bluemer, he won't be alive for long 💀💀 Greenwich may be a masochist, seems to me