Chapter 38

W-what the hell is this? No, how? No, why?

"Sovie? Is it that bad?" Soee fidgeted on the spot, wringing his hands together anxiously.

"No! No, it's really good. How are you so good at cooking already?" I felt tears of joy streaming down my face as I took another bite of Soee's first handmade tuna and mayonnaise sandwich.

"Y-you're exaggerating." Soee stumbled over his words as his face burned red.

"Impossible, I never exaggerate." I shook my head while taking another bite.

"...How good could it be?" Audeus mumbled under his breath with a look of contempt. His hand with its crooked intentions reached towards my plate but I quickly pulled the plate back towards myself.

I furrowed my brows in confusion, why would he even think I would let him taste my little brother's handmade sandwich.

"This is Soee's... for me." I spoke between bites, carefully chewing and savouring the flavour before continuing speaking.

"I want to try it too." Audeus pleaded with teary eyes, trying to tug on my heartstrings but it wouldn't work. No, not when a handmade meal made with Soee's hands was at stake.

"Tch."

I looked around trying to figure out from where the sound came from but quickly shook my head.

No, I need to be fully focusing on this sandwich...

Made with Soee's hands.

"And Sovie, and Sovie I can make different flavour sandwiches too. I even learned how to make chicken tikka masala baguettes from our design tech classes..." Soee looked up at me through his eyelids cutely and then faltered for a moment. "If Sovie wants I can make you lunch from now on." Soee leaned against my arm and hid his embarrassed appearance in the crook of my neck.

"Would you really?" I asked, barely able to contain my excitement.

"Ye-" Soee was interrupted by a dismayed Audeus.

"B-but I normally make you lunch." Audeus' bottom lip quivered while an aggrieved expression decorated his face.

"... That's tr-" I was interrupted by Soee, just as Audeus' cute expression almost overwhelmed me.

"Yeah, but surely it's better for you to take a break. It must be so tiring to make lunch for two people all the time. Don't worry Audeus, I'll start making sister's lunch from now on. After all, I'm young with plenty of energy." Soee showed a spritely smile as he spoke.

Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑).

How?!

How can he be so cute?

I instantly agreed with Soee on account of his super cute S-level, never before seen smile.

"I'm sorry Audeus, I made you make me lunch all this time... Why don't I make you lu-" Before I could complete my sentence, Soee interrupted.

"What do you want for lunch tomorrow?" Soee asked while fluttering his eyelashes.

"Whatever Soee wants to make! I'm okay with it all." I pinched his cheeks adoringly while Audeus stood aside with a devastated expression.

The next day at work I was excited all morning to get a bite of Soee's masterpiece.

Audeus: Are you sure you don't want lunch... I made extra @('・ェ・')@

Sovie: Sorry, sorry, Soee already made me some ԅ¯ԅ).

Audeus: That's good (●˙꒳˙●)...

Sovie: Are we having lunch in your office again?

Audeus: Yep!

Sovie: Okay, I'll be there in a second.

I cradled the lunchbox in my arms as I sped to Audeus' office.

Hehehe, a lunch by Soee. Eeh, I'm so excited. 

The door to Audeus' office swung open before I could knock and he greeted me with a sad smile.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" I cocked my head to the side while stepping in through the door.

"Nothing." He shook his head and placed his lunch on the coffee table. He pat the seat besides him and my eyes drifted to the open comic besides him.

My eyebrows twitched feeling that the events occurring on those pages were quite familiar.

"O-Oh." Audeus' eyes widened and quickly stretched out his hand to grab it, but he was a second too late.

"Didn't you do this yesterday?" I glanced down at the male lead whispering into the heroine's ears as they stood in a crowded train. "I... thought it was weird that you wanted to suddenly go on the train instead of the Lolls..."

"N-no th-th-that's not why!" Audeus' face turned crimson, he quickly covered his expression with his forearms.

"No, wait... I feel like you did a lot of the stuff in this manga." I flipped through the pages, my jaw dropping.

"Ngh." He cried out and his ears burned infinitely hotter.

W-wouldn't he be making a really cute expression, right now?

I swallowed my saliva, slowly approaching him.

"Can you move your arms, Audeus?" I asked while trying to move his arms aside.

"N-no." He spoke in a small voice, stiffening his arms so it was harder to move them.

"I just... want to see... your face." I struggled against him as he tried burrowing his face deeper into his arms.

He leaned back, trying to escape my grip and then finally, I could see his expression.

...

...So cute!

The door to Audeus' office swung open and in came his secretary.

Secretary: ...

Audeus: ...

Me: ...

The look of embarrassment on the secretary's face as he ran out made me re-evaluate the situation.

I looked down to see my knee beside Audeus' thigh, his bullied expression and my two hands restraining him.

... This definitely looks weird.

I jumped back, silently sitting down beside him. The rest of lunch was spent in an awkward silence as I mentally bashed my head with shame.

A/N: I finally gone and done itojfoiirhiurahgu after 100 failed attempts I finally like how Audeus turned out woohoo I'm writing another villain story lmao I literally don't know when to stop but he's gonna be evil this time I swear