Chapter 43

"Audeus, wake up~." I shook him gently, waiting for some sort of response.

"Ah... Sovie?" He sat up, squinting with one eye as he questioned why I was here. Then suddenly both his eyes shot open and he stood up abruptly. "D-date, the date. So-sorry Sovie." He stood up wincing as his elbow slammed against the desk.

"Don't worry about it, but why are you always sleeping in the office recently? We're not in the busy period right now... is something else going on?" I asked, squinting my eyes in suspicion.

"I-I-it's n-n-n-nothing." He stammered even more than usual.

Suspicious...

But I don't have time to think about this, I need to make sure this date goes perfect.

I tried not to stare too intensely at Audeus throughout our meal, afraid it would give away my thoughts. I glanced towards the pianist, shooting a smile.

She nodded and began playing a song by Alezis, one specially made for Audeus and I. I glanced towards Audeus and saw he had an annoyed expression on.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked.

"It sounds like a Jeenie song." He frowned, sending a glare to the pianist.

"N-no way, Jeenie's never released a song like this." I pushed a plate towards him and signalled for the pianist to speed it up. "I would know, I'm her biggest fan." Audeus' stare hardened as I finished.

"Who do you like more... Alezis or me?" He leaned forward pulling gently on my chin so that our faces were close.

"E-equal! I like you equally." I answered, gulping as Audeus' eyes blazed with anger. "It's not fair to compare, you're my boyfriend and she's my best friend!" I whined while trying to pull my face back.

His eyes brightened instantly and he leaned forward, pecking me on the lips and then pulling back. He smiled shyly while looking down at the table.

... Stop acting shy after kissing me in public!

I covered my heated cheeks with the back of my palms, hoping to cool them down.

"I heard there was, er, this f-flower garden opening to the public for th-the first time in 100 years just a few minutes away from here." Audeus said absentmindedly while fiddling with his glass of water.

"What? Seriously? Seriously? That's so cool, do we need tickets?" I widened my eyes in excitement, that sounds so cool. What the hell? Why didn't I hear about this? I should've planned the proposal there... Damn it.

P-proposal. I glanced at the pianist who was telling me with my eyes to hurry it up. I almost forgot about the proposal...

"Should we go now?" He asked as he called over the waiter, paid for dinner and then began dragging me out.

Pianist lady, what do I do? I asked her with my eyes and she shrugged in response. I closed my eyes in embarrassment as I was dragged out by Audeus.

My plans had been foiled...

But, wait wouldn't a proposal in that garden look better than a stuffy restaurant anyway?

I nodded my head as I followed Audeus to the secondary location.

"Uwah." I gasped in awe as we wandered through the flower maze in the gardens. "Audeus, this is so pretty. What kind of flower is that? I've never seen such a pretty flower." I rushed back and forth between the walls of the maze as I stared at the exotic flowers with glee. "Wow, wow, wow." I stated repeatedly as my breath was taken away again and again after every corner of the maze.

I wouldn't mind getting lost in here forever.

My eyes trailed across the gravel footpath following the vines that led towards a gazebo bathed in sunlight. The vines wrapped around the wooden structure covering it with beautiful flowers and making it seem almost fantastical.

"... So pretty." I whispered taking a few steps towards it. Standing in the centre of the gazebo was even more magical as the various scents of the flowers intertwined and made the scene feel more alive. Audeus stepped up to the gazebo and stood across from me.

The sunlight pouring down through the gaps in the gazebo sprinkled around top of Audeus' head and I suddenly remembered the ring in my pocket.

I took a deep breath and then...

A/N: HAHAHAHHAHAHA F YOU, hang yourself from this cliff

I'm very sorry for my rudeness but I'm just really happy rn so I'll take out my excess energy through ruining someone's day. Thank you for your time but the story will end here.

Here's some pictures of Sovie and Audeus that look nothing like them but Audeus' expression is so cute so yeah like wow and Sovie looks like a thug

Thanks again for reading my book I hope you enjoyed the journey and I've actually had so much fun writing this. It's the only book I haven't lost complete motivation for and I know some of you guys will be pis*ed that I didn't really end it properly but like it is what it is I'm really sorry for the lacklustre ending and I'm sure you guys wanted like a 10 years in the future thing but like I feel like this is a good enough ending. Anyways enjoy the Sovie and Audeus drawings below

 Anyways enjoy the Sovie and Audeus drawings below

IM JOKING HAHAHAHAHAHAH I said I was bout ruin someone's day so I hope my plan worked but yeah there'll be a few more chapters I can't just let the Poor family be robbed of their daughter without any repercussions Soee has a bone to pick with ever...

IM JOKING HAHAHAHAHAHAH I said I was bout ruin someone's day so I hope my plan worked but yeah there'll be a few more chapters I can't just let the Poor family be robbed of their daughter without any repercussions Soee has a bone to pick with everyone but Sovie.