Chapter 30

Listen to the soundtrack above as you read this chapter 🙏🏻

... What the hell is this?

Audeus stood there nervously as he waited for my response. I could hear my heart thumping in my ears as I stood there frozen.

"Y-you l-l-l-like me?" I stammered imagine surprise, and braced myself against a nearby table when he nodded silently.

E-enough to marry me? I blinked rapidly, looking from left to right and then finally my eyes landed on the doorway.

Before I registered what I was doing, I was already halfway out the door.

"W-wait." Audeus called out after me hesitantly. I paused for a second and turned back around. He looked devastated...

"Me running away doesn't mean I don't like you, I just need to think it over!" I clarified and then ran away without looking back this time.

I finally reached a courtyard in the university and squatted down in a corner.

He likes me? No, why am I shocked? Of course he liked me, it's so obvious. No, it's not obvious at all. Ah, I'm too young for this.

No you're not, you're literally 22. This is a perfectly normal age to date.

Ah, but if I date him then I'll have to leave my family.

?? No what the hell do you think happens when you date someone? My rational mind butted in to correct my misconceptions.

First, just think about if you like him. She advised.

How am I supposed to know? I asked in annoyance.

I don't know, google it. She suggested after a period of silence.

Okay, okay. Google says, heart racing, thinking about him all the time, getting clammy when he holds your hand, butterflies.

I don't think about him all the time... I have other worries.

So what you're saying is your heart races? She interjected in a happy tone.

... Yeah.

Clammy hands?

... W-we haven't really held hands so I'm not sure.

What about that time he grabbed your wrist?

... Yeah.

Butterflies? She asked with growing excitement.

Nope.

That's 2 out of 4, god damn it. Rationally, I cannot conclude whether you like him or not. She grumbled. You need more encounters with him.

I'm always with him, what encounters man?

Not your boring everyday encounters. Her tone hinted at the fact that she was definitely rolling her eyes at me.

Urgh, I don't know.

I stopped paying attention to my inner monologue, because honestly she didn't sound very rational. She sounded more like a fan-girl trying to match her favourite ship.

While I spent time thinking it over I made sure to run away whenever I caught a glimpse of purple-hair. I felt that his presence might distort my feelings, so I wanted to think carefully.

But then finally after 2 weeks of avoiding him, I was met with a predicament.

"W-w-wh wow, what a weird coincidence meeting you here." I stammered before putting on the facade of surprise.

"... Sovie, i-if you don't like m-me you don't have to a-avoid me." He confronted me with a look that screamed that he was about to cry.

"I-it's not that I don't like you." My eyes darted around the room as I tried to find an exit. "I-I'm just not sure right now."

He stepped towards me, followed by an illusion of drooping doggy ears. I stepped back feeling my heart racing as he approached.

"Y-you r-really don't like me?" He asked as my back hit the wall, he glanced down at me with watery eyes.

"I-I-I-I-I-I'm not chure." I bit my tongue accidentally as I stammered, like a fool.

He placed one hand on the wall beside me and leaned down to stare me straight in the eyes with his demonic irises.

"Really?" He asked with a slow blink that forced me to steady myself against his arm.

Clammy hands. Check.

Butterflies. Check.

Heart racing. Check.

Cannot get him off my mind. Check...

"I think... I l-" I was interrupted by someone infiltrating the courtyard. Audeus glanced over his shoulder as I flinched.

"Sovie, Audeus!" Greenwich suddenly called out but was quickly ushered out by Audeus' death stare. "Oop." He grimaced sheepishly and hurried his way out.

I shook my head, breaking free from my trance and blushed in embarrassment.

W-what was I going to say? Isn't this a totally lame way of confessing?! I almost face-palmed at my hastiness, I needed at least a week to figure out how to break the news to him.

"What were you saying?" Audeus egged me on, narrowing his eyes when he saw me trying to move out of his kabedon. His other arm blocked my exit route, so I was left caged between his arms.

"I-I wasn't saying anything." I avoided looking directly at him, feeling flames fanning my face.

"Sovie..." Audeus whispered beside my ear and I widened my eyes as I stared at his face.

T-too close.

"Please, I just want to hear you say it." He pleaded in my ear and I could feel the warmth of his breath as he spoke.

I almost slid down the wall, feeling my knees weaken, but Audeus quickly lifted me up. Both of us made eye-contact again.

"I-I think I like you." I whispered with a dazed expression.

His eyes widened slightly before his lips stretched into a smile. The stars in his eyes seemed to shake with glee as he squinted happily.

A/N:

WE GOT EM BOYS!

(Starts at 58 seconds)
He was not rejected, but his in-laws will devour his corpse so 🥳🥳

I look forward to the Poor family reaction