Chapter 40

As I rounded the corner I was suddenly thrown to the ground. After a moment of being dazed and confused I looked up to see my attacker.

The dog stared down at me wide-eyed and as I scanned its features I felt a strange sense of familiarity. The dog seemed to be having the exact same thoughts as it squinted its eyes at me.

The brown coat, the long curly fur, even the sparkle in its brown eyes. I-it looked a lot like me.

No, no it can't be.

That'll really affect my self-esteem if I looked like a dog.

"Has anyone seen my dog? Pupper, pupper. Where did you go?" A voice rang out, getting louder with every passing second.

"Sovie, a-a-are you alright?" Audeus' voice sounded from above me, knocking the dog and me out of our shocked states.

"Yeah." I nodded slowly as he pulled me out from underneath the overweight Charles spaniel.

"Pupper!" Bluemer exclaimed as he rushed towards us, tears lining his eyes.

"..." Audeus' lips twisted into a frown as he looked down at the dog in Bluemer's arms. "...I'll buy that dog off of you." He offered.

"No, you already stole Sovie you can't have my Pupper too." Bluemer hugged her tighter.

This guy... How can someone steal something that was never yours, to begin with?

Wait, why does Audeus even want the dog in the first place? Does he think I look like the- but I do look like it so what's the point in getting offended?

"Tch." Audeus sent a murderous glare towards them causing both the dog and human to huddle together in fear. Then he turned to look at his own dog with its brown fur and short-curly hair. "Doesn't look anything like her." He mumbled under his breath, sighing longingly as he looked back at Bluemer's dog.

"N-no, why do you need a dog that looks like me when we're dating?" I asked, still slightly shell-shocked that Audeus' dog, Sove, was supposed to resemble me.

"Yeah, if you want Pupper I'll take Sovie." Bluemer's arm had suddenly appeared by my shoulder as he told Pupper to go to Audeus.

Whilst Audeus' hands were busy trying to fend off the overweight Spaniel, Bluemer princess-carried me off into the sunset.

That was until I realised what was going on and I somersaulted out of his grip, kneeling on the ground to stabilise myself.

"..." Bluemer looked slightly dazed as he looked down at his empty arms.

"Bad Bluemer, bad." I scolded receiving a whine in response, as he clasped his hands together guiltily. "How could you give away your do-" My reprimand was interrupted by a shadow flashing past me and kicking Bluemer into another dimension.

"Sovie, are you alright?" Soee stood up brushing the dust off his clothes as he smiled angelically towards me.

"Soee, are you okay? Your legs are all scratched up." My arms flapped uneasily as he walked towards me.

"..." Soee seemed to be contemplating for a brief moment before his eyes wet with tears. "It hurts~" He whined while reaching out to me with shaky hands.

"Ah, ah. Let's go home, quickly." I squeezed him into a worried hug, taking mental images of the first cuteness that teenage Soee showed in a while.

"W-wait, cough." Bluemer limped back onto the stage, blood spluttering everywhere. "Is this perhaps my brother-in-law?"

It seems Bluemer's delusions have gone further than I thought possible.

"Heh." Soee scoffed in a rather cute way, even the little smirk on his face was quite adorable. "Are you stupid? How can I be your brother-in-law when I'll be marrying Sovie?" He pulled Bluemer closer to him, whispering something I couldn't hear.

"No, don't get too close to him. Your cuteness might draw his perverse attention." I pulled Sovie behind me, pushing away the befuddled Bluemer.

"He said you're going to marry him, tell me that is not true. My love, please tell me it's false." Bluemer squeezed his chest with a painful expression.

"I'm not your love go away." I scrunched my nose in disgust, turning to leave and seeing an out-of-breath Audeus wrestling to bring Sove and Pupper.

"Bluemer..." Audeus growled angrily after regaining his breath. "Stop messing with Sovie." He stood between us, slyly pushing Soee aside in the process.

"How can you refer to my courting as 'messing' with her? Sovie he doesn't respect our wishes for marriage." He turned to me, face filled with complaints.

"Im not interested!" I shouted at him as Audeus and Soee dragged me away. "Wait, why are you taking his dog?" I suddenly realised we were returning home with additional baggage. "You need to return Pupper." I scolded Audeus who was trying to look like he had no idea what was going on.

"Tch." He clicked his tongue before reluctantly turning around to return the dog. However upon returning it was obvious that only Pupper remained, Sove had obviously been traded away.

"Why did you give Sove away?!" I exclaimed, exasperated.

"Huh? What are you talking about? This is Sove." Audeus once again tried to look innocent but it was super obvious since the two dogs were completely different weights.

"No, it's not. Bring back Sove, how can you just give away your dog like that." I pushed him back in Bluemer's direction, slightly confused as to why he accepted the trade.

"Stop with your trickery, this is obviously my Pupper. That dog in your hands is an abomination, how dare you try to say she's Pupper!" Bluemer's indignant shouting quickly answered my question.

He's an idiot. I facepalmed mentally, then turned to Soee who was tugging on my arm.

"Sovie, my arm hurts can we go home?" He asked with teary eyes, my mind immediately erased any thoughts of waiting for Audeus and quickly took Soee home for emergency treatment.

A/N: presenting GREENWICH!!!!! He's my favourite from now on based off of visuals alone🤤🤤 Percy's name shall be revealed soon mwahah