06

I was sitting on the sofa and was extremely pregnant. I've been experiencing contractions and I was waiting for the driver to take me to the hospital. My water has already broke and my midwife had told me to get to the hospital immediately. All my necessities were packed. I was quite excited, I wanted to see my baby boy. I love him already, I don't think I could ever love a human anymore. I was planning to name him Luke. I love the meaning behind it, it means light-giving which he certainly is. He is the light and fire of my life.

When I had told Nicola I was pregnant she was shock, as in she couldn't believe I had sex or that I was going to be a mother before her. And when Christian found out from Nicola he was in disbelief and asked me questions if could look after a baby, if I can hold it, how young I am and how it's not too late to get rid of it. It was very discouraging.

But what else would I have done if I didn't keep it, I would be miserable and lonely in this house. I don't like how no one believes I can be a mother. I have been watching videos and attended classes on how to look after a baby and sometimes even Nicola would attend. She would make sly comments and think I wouldn't notice, she would say "you can't even hold a dummy baby how are you going to hold you're own." That one did make me upset and I cried, because they're so discouraging and that was also why I fell out with her. I never want to see her horrible face ever again.

I heard footsteps and assumed it was the driver and turned to meet with Romeo. My eyes widened as I wondered what he was doing here.

"Anastasia." He said walking closer to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked whilst my arms rested on the top of the sofas.

"My house." He said at first before pausing and looking at my stomach and walking over to face me so I have to look up at him.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"A baby hopefully." I said to him.

"The gender." He said of me.

"A girl." I lied to him.

"What you naming her?" He asked.

"I lied, it is a boy. I'm naming him Luke." I told him and he looked at me in disgust.

"Luke?" He said. "You're not naming my child Luke." He said to me.

"It is my baby." I said looking up at him.

"You ready to go the hospital?" He asked me.

"How do you know..." I said but I then experienced another contraction before soothing myself.

"You alright?" He said.

"No." I said as I attempted to get up but he went around the sofa and helped me up.

"I need to go to the hospital, I think Mario is outside." I said to him as I waddled to the door with my bag in the hand.

"I'm taking you." He said catching up to me and opening the door. I looked up at him I was about to say something to him but I had experienced a contraction. He took the bag from my hand before guiding me to his car. I sat on the front seat and Romeo went round and sat on the driver seat before driving.

"Can I put the radio on?" There was a heavy awkward silence between us.

"No." He said but I already was fiddling with the radio and turned it on. I leaned back and watched the windscreen.

"Do you know the address to the hospital?" I asked turning my head to him.

"Yes." He said whilst glancing at me for a second before fixating his gaze on the road. I think ten minutes has passed and I've experienced about two contractions but they get intense each time.