31: Screw The Rules

Start from the beginning

After breakfast, Elizabeth and Fayette went to work together. It was nice for Elizabeth to have a company – although, Fayette doesn't interact much still she was glad that there was someone with her. Maybe one day their bond with get stronger and they will be able to talk to one another freely – till then Elizabeth just going to embrace the friendships she has with her and probably with Mosa, who was already anxiously waiting for Fay and her to arrive at work. Fayette usually gets a little early, but since she came with Elizabeth she was a little late. As predicted, Fayette walked passed by Mosa while Elizabeth stopped to greet him, "Hey, good morning." She smiled at him.

He smiled back before he glanced over his shoulder to see Fayette getting in the elevator – once the door slide closed he turned his back to her, "Hey, good morning to you too." He replied. "Listen, I wanted to thank you for letting Fayette stay with you," He added quickly. Elizabeth smiled, "I like having her with me – and it was a no big deal. I am glad I could help her," Elizabeth replied. Mosa smiled and nodded his head while Elizabeth had her gaze at him as her mind wanders to what might be the problem between the two of them because without any hesitation she could tell that he likes her and it is also quite obvious that she doesn't – she wonders what happened between the two of them. As much curious as she was – she just couldn't bring herself to ask either of them about it.

The three of them went to work and soon Elizabeth's mind wandered off to the guy she was slowly going crazy about. She smiled as she recalled last night. She found it sweet that he came to her apartment to apologize. Also, she was a little irritated that they were interrupted by the pizza delivery boy – how much she wanted to taste those lips – to feel his lips aggressively playing with hers. Just the thought of it made her want to be with him – Leo Wayne had his magic on her and she didn't mind it. With a sweet smile on her face, she worked on some of the test findings and tried to think as less as she could about him, which was hard for her to do but she somehow made it to the lunch break.

Although she has his number still they haven't talked on calls or even texted to each other – she wondered if she texts him – will he answer her back? She just walked to talk to him – just once. But Elizabeth had her mind on that if she sends a text him first will she look too desperate? After all, she is the one who asked him on a date. Elizabeth wasn't eating the salad she ordered – she was lost in her thoughts when someone knocked on her table. She snapped out of her thoughts and lifted her head to see Ethan standing in front of her table with his hands in his pockets and smile on his face, "Hello, Ms. Harrison." He greeted her. She chuckled at him fake formality, "Hello, Dr. Griffiths. How come I didn't see you all day long today?" She asked as Ethan sat on the chair in front of her. He sighed and unbuttoned his coat's button, "I was preparing for a presentation that I have in an hour," He said while looking at his wristwatch.

"Oh, best of luck for that." She replied. He smiled and nodded her head, "Thank you, I need it." He chuckled. "Hey, why don't you come as well?" he added. Elizabeth knitted her eyebrows together and asked, "What?" she wasn't sure where did it come from all of the sudden. Ethan chuckled, "Actually, the meeting is it at the hospital – I remember you asked me to show it to you, so why dint you join me?" He asked. "I know you already ran the tests and you will not be getting result till tomorrow," he added. As he mentioned the hospital, the first thing that came to her mind was Leo. And without even giving it a thought she smiled and nodded her head, "I would love to go," she said. Ethan smiled back, "Great! We leave in thirty minutes, okay?" He said to her before he walks out – leaving a grinning yet a little nervous Elizabeth behind.

Leo was in the ward with one of his interns – checking the patients. He was reading one of his patient's charts when Amanda walked to her with a smile on her face and quietly stood beside Leo. Leo glanced at her before his eyes averted back to the chart, "You look happy," he commented. Amanda grinned and nodded her head, "Yes, I am – ask me why I am so happy," she added. Leo chuckled and glanced at her again before he asked, "Why are you so happy?" He asked. "Dr. Griffiths is here," she tells him excitedly. Even though he has never seen any interest in her – she still behaves love stuck when he is around or whenever she sees him. Leo chuckled and didn't reply. He signed the chart and walked to the next patient as Amanda followed him, "Although, that girl – uh – Ms. Harrison, I believe is with him – but I am so happy he is here. I haven't seen him in days." Amanda said.

Leo jerked his head towards Amanda, "Wait – what?" he asked her. Amanda was taken aback by his sudden interest and slowly narrowed her eyes, "What?" She asked bewilderedly. Leo realized it was the quickest he ever reacted to something that wasn't related to medicine. He uneasily scratched his nose and cleared his throat, "No, uh – I mean – I didn't hear you before – can you repeat what did you just said?" He asked – trying to cover his previous reaction up.

Leo and Amanda turned their head to the patient lying on the bed to which Leo was off before Elizabeth was mentioned when the young girl lying on the bed sniggered. She had a book in hand and when she felt them looking at her – she looked at them and shrugged, "What? It was just something I read," she showed them her book. Amanda slowly bobbed her head while the young girl looked back at the book but not before giving Leo 'the look' – like she knew Leo was lying before. "Oh, well – I was saying that Ms. Harrison is with him. Although, I don't like seeing him with any other girl, since she and I interacted at the restaurant back then – I liked her." She smiled. Before Leo could say anything – Amanda's pager went off – she looked at it and clicked her tongue, "Ah, I have to go." She said before going out of the ward.

After checking a few more patients Leo walked out to the corridor. The same corridors he walks in without any worry – surprisingly today he was feeling a little nervous – maybe because he knew that Elizabeth was here. He was walking pass by the lady's washroom to get to the men's washroom when the door of the lady's room opened and Elizabeth walked out while wiping her hands with the paper towel. Leo halted when he saw her and Elizabeth lifted her gaze and parted her lips in surprise when she saw him. She had it in her mind that she will see him, by here – outside the washroom – she didn't expect that. "Oh hey," She spoke. Leo's lips curled in a small smile as he replied, "Oh – hey."

Elizabeth's eyes zeroed at his lips as she recalled last night. She smiled and she bit her lip before she narrowed her eyes and looked around to see that there was no one around. She smiled mischievously before she held him by his scrub and pulled him in the lady's washroom – which lucky for them was empty as well. Leo's eyes widened as Elizabeth grabbed his scrub in her fist and pulled him in and before he could reach her lips were on his. Elizabeth cupped his face as his beard tickled her palm. She took his lower lip between her teeth and pulled it soft enough to charge Leo and soon they both fought for the dominance. Leo's hand went back to her waist as he pulled her closer to him – his body glued to her. They both were breathing heavily yet no one broke away. "You," Leo managed to speak in between the aggressive kiss, "Broke the rule," he added softly before his lips were back on her – biting it between his lips. Elizabeth smirked in between the kiss, "Screw rules." She replied before Leo pushed her back on the wall. A moan left Elizabeth and at that moment she didn't care if they were in a hospital's washroom with the unlocked door.

The secrecy of the moment and urgency of being with him was making her lose her mind. She didn't care how desperate she was being – she liked it – she has never felt like this before. She has always been careful of her surroundings but right now she wasn't. If anyone would have told her that she will be making out with the guy that doesn't like her or her family in a hospital's washroom – she would have laughed – there saw was doing everything she never thought she would do. She circled her arm around him and pulled him closer to her when the washroom door opened and they heard a gasp. Leo immediately pushed himself away and Elizabeth tried to balance herself as a women was standing at the entrance. Leo turned around with his hair all messed up and his lips swelled – he stiffs when he sees who was standing at the door, "Mia," he called her name out.