73: Bonding.

Sharon didn't expect to see the girl in front of her – she has never met Elizabeth but she recognized how. How couldn't she? After all, she is the woman that her daughter tried to kill. The guilt and pain of what her daughter did clench in Sharon's chest. When Liam asked Sharon to take him to Leo so that he could do his math homework with Leo's help, she didn't think that she would meet Elizabeth. Leo saw it – he saw the pain and discomfort in Sharon's eyes and when he turned his head to look at Elizabeth – he only saw confusion and a bit of hesitance. Elizabeth was feeling uneasy by the sudden wave of silence she offered the lady a small smile, "Uh – hi," she greeted softly as she tugged the string of hair behind her ear. She knew that the boy was Mia's son and she was probably the grandmother Leo talked about but what took Elizabeth by surprise was the fact that Liam called Leo 'dad'.

Sharon blinked before she forced a small smile as her eyes filled with tears – the guilt has been eating her up since the day of the incident. The beautiful woman standing in front of her lost her memory, she went through a trauma and almost lost her life because of the sins of her daughter. She gulped down the lump she felt in her throat, "Hi," she managed to speak. Sharon looked at Leo, "Uh – I am so sorry dear, I had no idea that you had company – I wouldn't have come." She continued as she looked at Elizabeth, "I hope you didn't mind, dear." She chuckled hesitantly as she spoke. Before Leo could speak – Elizabeth beat him to it, "No, please – I don't mind at all. It is nice to finally meet someone close to Leo," Elizabeth smiled gratefully at her but all this time her heartbeat was accelerating – she almost felt scared – but she wasn't sure of what. She looked at Leo who was already looking at her with a sweet smile on his face.

Sharon looked down before licked her dry lips, "That is incredibly sweet of you, my dear. May God bless you both," She said as her eyes traveled from Leo to Elizabeth. Leo smiled and put his hand on Sharon's shoulder, "Come on in – have a seat," He said as he closed the door behind him. "I will go and check on Liam," He pointed out before he looked at Elizabeth – asking for her approval to leave her alone with Sharon. Elizabeth smiled and nodded her head. "Sure," she nodded her head. Leo smiled and walked to her – he placed a soft kiss on her forehead before he walked into his room to check on Liam. Sharon grinned as she saw the sweet loving gesture the couple exchanged – she was happy to see Leo happy with the girl he loved.

As Leo disappeared in his room, fiddly silence enveloped in the living room – Elizabeth wasn't sure what to say but when she saw that Sharon was still on her feet – she decided to lead, "Uh – please, have a seat, Mrs. –" she paused to let Sharon fill in the silence. Sharon smiled, "Oh no, call me Sharon, please." She offered. Elizabeth nodded her head, "All right then, Sharon – please have seat," She waved her hand towards that couch – although it was Leo's place yet somehow Elizabeth felt like a host. Sharon sat down wordlessly – both women were feeling uneasy in each other's company. Elizabeth smashed her lips together and was about to sit on the other couch when Liam and Leo walked out of the room – laughing about something.

Elizabeth found something new that day – Leo was good at mathematics – something she could never be. Although the problem that Liam had – Elizabeth could have solved it as well Sharon told her how good he is in mathematics – she was glad that she was learning something new about him every day. Elizabeth and Sharon were sitting in the living room – sipping the coffee that Leo made while Leo and Liam sat on the dining table where Leo so gracefully explained to Liam the solution of the math problem. Elizabeth had her eyes fixed on the handsome man – who was completely lost in the math problem with his eyebrow knitted together and a crease line on his forehead. He looked incredibly appealing to her – she couldn't help but gush over the fact that he loved her too.

While Elizabeth was busy shamelessly ogling Leo – Sharon had her eyes on Elizabeth. It has been over an hour since she and Liam came to see Leo and since then she is hesitant around this beautiful girl that seems to be very much in love with Leo. She has been trying to bring herself to talk to Elizabeth, but each time she would back out – she doesn't know how Elizabeth would react – what if Sharon offend or hurt Elizabeth, she sighed – maybe she will talk to her later someday – probably when Liam isn't around. Sharon lowered her gaze at the coffee mug in her hand and zoned out once again – only to be brought back by Elizabeth's voice, "So, Leo told me that you and Liam will be joining us to the wedding in New York in a couple of weeks," Elizabeth spoke.