54: Something To Remember Me By.

Elizabeth sat on the bed of her hotel while Silas was making sure that all of their suitcases were being sent downstairs where there was a car waiting for them to drop them off at the airport. They were leaving – Elizabeth was leaving for New York. She doesn't remember much about her time in Chicago – but yet she feels sad leaving this place. There was a pull in his city that was making her feel low for leaving – even though the only thing she remembers about this place was her incident and the news she got about her mother's death. Elizabeth sighed and Silas saw that she wasn't feeling good so he walked closer to her, "Are you alright, Lizzy?" He asked. She lifted her head to look at him and smiled softly, "Yeah –" she replied softly before she clicked her tongue, "I mean, I don't remember much about this place but yet – I feel bad leaving," She told Silas.

Silas smiled as she sat beside her, "You might not remember much but – but this city gave you a lot. You were living alone for the first time, you had a stable job and you were in a relationship –" Silas said it in a rhythm but then realized that not remembering Leo much be the hardest part for her so he shook his head and continued, "Uh – well, you can always come back – when you feel like it," Silas added. Elizabeth sighed and looked down at her fingers as she played with them, "Yes, I guess so." She replied. She looked around her room and mashed her lips before she asked, "Where are Maria and Ezra?" She asked. "Oh, they went to see Franklin and Leo to their apartment – She must be returning any minute now," He answered. Elizabeth brought her eyebrows together, "Leo isn't coming to see her off at the airport?" She asked him and when Silas only shook his head – she doesn't know why but she felt gutted. She was so confused – what was she expecting? And why was she even upset about it? Her feelings were messing up with her head.

Leo said goodbye to her sister and his nephew and lied that he was called to the hospital when he wanted to be alone. The overbearing feeling of Elizabeth all over again as she leaves was killing him. There had been so many times when he actually thought about going to her and asking her to give him a chance but he always ends up not doing it – he didn't force himself on her. Why would she want to be him when all she remembers about him was how much he disliked her and her family and how she felt the same for him? Leo got into his car and drove around for a while – it was freezing out there. He usually loves the winters but he couldn't enjoy it this time as all he felt was cold inside. Although he had promised himself that he will not go and see Elizabeth as it will hurt him – he somehow ended up driving towards her hotel. Even if he wasn't going to meet her person – he just wanted to see her – even from a distance.

He drove to and parked near the hotel's entrance and exit – he was far enough not to be seen by Elizabeth but close enough to see her when she leaves. He knows that she was in the hotel because his sister was in his apartment and she is flying to New York with Elizabeth. He sat and waited for Elizabeth in his car – not once did his eyes left the exit of the hotel. There were two cars parked outside the hotel and he was sure that the suitcases that were being loaded in the car were Elizabeth's as he saw a piece of familiar red luggage being loaded in the trunk of the car.

Leo was in his car – looking for Elizabeth – trying to catch her glimpse when his eyes went out of the window and he saw another familiar face – it was Jennifer and she did not look good – something was off with her. Leo was looking at Jennifer walking out of the coffee shop – her face looked like – Leo narrowed his eyes as he focused on the bruise she had on her cheek. Leo brought his eyebrows together and wondered what had happened to her and just then Jennifer's eyes met Leo. She was surprised to see him there. Her eyes widened for a second before she brought her hand to her hair and covered a part of her left cheek with it. She seemed nervous but didn't walk away – she knew that it would make things awkward – instead, she slowly walked towards Leo's parked car with a small smile on her face.