40: In The Name Of Love.

Leo woke up from his sleep. The sweet scent of berries of Elizabeth's shampoo woke him up. He smiled as he saw her stirring in her sleep – bring him close to she stuffed her naked legs under his – her smooth skin glazing his. Leo realized that she was feeling cold. He slowly got up and picked his shirt from the floor and made sleepy Elizabeth wear it. Elizabeth slowly opened her eyes to look at Leo. Her bewildered expressions made Leo tell her what he was up to. "I don't want you to catch a cold," He whispered to her. She smiled and let him put his shirt on her. The musky scent from Leo's shirt made her smile in her sleep. She put her head on his bare chest and softly kissed it. "I love you, Leo," Elizabeth mumbled in her sleep.

Leo stiffed as soon as he heard her mumbled those words in her sleep. He looked at her with his eyebrows knitted – he couldn't believe what he was hearing. She wasn't awake but she was mumbling in her sleepover and over again. "I don't want to lose you," She mumbled again. Leo was amazed at how Elizabeth was still sleeping when his heart was thrashing in his chest. He never thought that Elizabeth would say these words anytime sooner. Of course, she wasn't saying it to him but he was surprised that she feels that way for him. Love – he didn't know what it means. Was it about caring for the person? Was it about lust? Was it about happiness and pleased you are by someone's presence? Leo doesn't know. He embraced Elizabeth in his arms as she slept soundly over her while his mind wandered around the 'L' word. He couldn't sleep. Did he love her? How could he tell when he doesn't even understand what love is? He sighed and looked at her face as she slept. He couldn't help but chuckle, "You look so innocent when you sleep," He whispered to her and as expected didn't receive any reaction from her as she sleeps.

Leo doesn't know what love might be but he was certain that he never wants to lose Elizabeth. It is already hard for him not to be with her all the time – how will he ever survive without her? He kissed her head softly, "I don't want to lose you either," he whispered back to her. A small smile stretched on his lips. He was amazed by how Elizabeth broke into his stone heart. Leo never thought that he would be so crazy about someone – he didn't think he could ever change but Elizabeth proved him wrong. Leo mostly doesn't like to be proven wrong but this time he didn't mind it at all.

"How can you love a man like me, Elizabeth?" He questioned her softly. He knows she is not listening. The pattern of her breathing confirmed to him that she was sound asleep. "You didn't like me, remember?" He softly asked and paused. "I didn't like you either." He said, "How did we end up together?" He asked – more to himself this time. He didn't speak what was in his head anymore but he kept questioning himself – trying to figure out what love is. It was almost morning but it was still dark outside as it poured heavily outside. The thunder was rolling in the sky and flashes of lightning made the sky change its color to orange to purple and sometimes to grey. Leo always enjoyed the rain – the heavier the better. He likes to see the water pouring on the ground. He likes the smell of wet soil. He likes the sound of water tapping the roof and windows – and today he loved it more as he had the most beautiful woman in his arms.

Sleep slowly started to consume Leo – his eyes were slowly dropping when he heard a loud series of knocks. He brought his eyebrows together – it was four-thirty in the morning – who could it be at this hour of the night. He was feeling nervous – God forbid, did something happened? The knocks continued and Elizabeth started to stir in her sleep. Leo didn't want to wake her up and scare her for no reason. He slowly got out of bed and wore his jean back on before he fetched a shirt from his cupboard and put it on as he walked out of the room but not before he made sure that Elizabeth was sound asleep in his bed. He smiled softly before he walked out and strode towards the door. He looked out of the peephole and his heart dropped in his stomach to see Mia standing on the other side of the door. She was completely drenched and tears were falling down her face. Although, Leo doesn't want her to know that Elizabeth was with her but he had to make sure that Mia was okay as well.