62: A Surprise Visit.

Leo blinked a few times just to make sure that what he was seeing was correct – it was Elizabeth at his door quite late at night. He narrowed his eyes – he wanted to be sure that he wasn't imaging her but she was actually at his door. Elizabeth looked at Leo as he stared at her – perplexed. She fell uncomfortable under his piercing glaze and absolute silence. She decided to break the silence and cleared her throat, "Um, hey." She spoke softly. Leo blinked again – he opens his mouth before he closed it again before he finally forced a word out, "Hi," his voice came out hoarsely. Elizabeth offered a small smile before she said, "I know I shouldn't have shown up so late but I couldn't wait – I needed to talk to you," She said. Leo – who was still quite surprised by her unannounced presence replied unintelligently, "Uh – no, yes – I mean no! You didn't – I am – uh – yes," He paused and closed his eyes for a brief second and exhaled – trying to calm his wrecking nerves and opened his eyes before he spoke – more constructively this time, "I am sorry – I meant – it is okay. I am just surprised to see you here. I didn't know you were in Chicago," He told her.

Elizabeth smiled, "Yes, um – I came today." Elizabeth paused and pressed her lips together and narrowed her eyes, "Uh – well, can – can I come in – if you don't mind?" She asked. Leo realized that they were standing at the door and he was still only in his towel – he widened his eyes before he gave her space to walk in, "I am sorry – I – well, uh – yes please come in," he said and folded his arms to cover up his naked half. Elizabeth walked in and Leo slowly closed the door behind. She turned to look at him and once again – her gaze travel to his almost naked body. It was pretty hard for her to concentrate when his bulging arms with a few tattoos were on display for her to see and not to forget his torso and the fact that his body was still slightly wet from the shower he had taken and the water drops that were caressing his skin – slowly inching towards the towel wrapped around his waist. Her eyes didn't miss another tattoo peeking through the towel – she could see that half of it – it looked like a scorpion – but she couldn't be sure – it was half-hidden under his towel. All of a sudden she realized that she was staring at his torso. Her cheeks warmed up as she looked away – she couldn't look into his eyes.

Leo noticed Elizabeth's eyes on his lower body and that made him very aware of his nakedness. Each second of her eyes lingering on his body made him more and more aware that he only had a towel wrapped around his waist – if God forbid, the towel dropped – he will be on full display. It wasn't like she had never seen him naked – she has, but the fact that she doesn't remember those times made it very uncomfortable for Leo. He was getting more and more uncomfortable under her gaze but he was concerned that if he says something or moves to divert her attention – she might get embarrassed as well knowing that Leo knew that she was staring – before he could get more uncomfortable – Elizabeth looked away. The awkward between the two of them increased. Leo gulped and cleared his throat, "Uh – please have a seat. I will go in and put on some clothes," he mumbled. Elizabeth nodded her head and without looking at him walked towards the couch – Leo sighed and glanced at her before he walked into his room to put on some clothes.

Elizabeth looked around the clean and tidy apartment and felt embarrassed – she is a walking mess. Her room has never been clean or organized and she is sure that her apartment wasn't either. Elizabeth has never been a tidy person – looking around the spotless apartment Elizabeth wondered that even if Leo saw the unorganized suitcase she brought with her – he was going to lose his mind. She licked her lips and decided to sit on the couch. Elizabeth inhaled and realized how wonderful his place smelled – it smelled like lavender and – well, him. Elizabeth felt like a creep but when Leo opened the door the first thing she noticed was how amazing he smelled. It was probably his body wash or soap or even shampoo – but it smelled so good. She wonders if he always smells like this. Elizabeth shook her head – what was wrong with her? Why was she thinking about his body and scent? She needed to control herself.