Chapter 24: Telling

--Kenna’s POV--

Ryder glared as he opened the door for Kade and I “Get out.” He spat

I walked with my head down and as I passed Ryder I put a gap between us, once Kade stepped out the door slammed shut. We didn’t speak as we went back to the club, only silence between us.

“Didn’t go well?” Gunner asked and I just shook my head walking to the back room

Kade followed me “Do you want me to stay in here tonight?” He asked softly

I shook my head “No, I’ll be fine.” I whispered

He nodded “I’ll be right down the hall if you need me.”

“Thank you Kade.” I said softly

“Welcome sweetheart.” He said and walked out of the room closing the door

Changing into my pajamas, I sat in bed with my knees pulled up to my chest. Every moment I spent undercover running through my head. Looking at the time I realized it was already five in the morning so I decided to lay down and try to get some sleep even though I knew it would be futile.

Jolting awake, I sat up screaming with tears falling and sweat covering my body. I heard commotion outside in the hall before my door flew open and Kade running in.

“It’s okay. Kenna, it’s okay.” He said sitting beside me holding me to his side as I trembled “It was just a dream Kenz, it’s over. Nothing like that will happen again. I promise.”

“What happened? Is she okay?” Dad asked frantically in the door way

“She’s fine, it was just a dream.” Kade said “I got it Diablo, you can go back to what you were doing.”

Dad slowly nodded “Okay…” He walked away

A couple minutes later, Kade had ushered me into the bathroom so I could take a bath while he made me breakfast.

Few days later…

I was sitting in the meeting room away from everyone. Dad would check up on me but I rarely spoke. Everyone was already fed up with me and I knew it but I couldn’t help it. Hell they were whispering behind Kade and I’s backs saying we were fu-cking and that I was going to end up pregnant again.

They didn’t understand, they didn’t know. They were tired of me waking them at crazy hours with screams, they were tired of me not looking the guys in the eye and having a huge gap between them and me. No one touched me except for Kade. He was the only one who knew and comforted me.

The door opened and Ryder stormed in “You’re fu-cking Kade?” He yelled causing me to flinch and shrink back in my seat “Jesus Kenna, my best friend? Really? You’re supposed to be my wife not some slut!”

Kade ran in “Ryder stop!” He said taking step towards me

“Don’t fu-cking go near her!” Ryder yelled pointing his gun at Kade

Kade froze and held his hands up “Ryder you don’t understand.”

“Understand what?” Isis asked coldly “That you’re sleeping in the same bed as her or that you’re fu-cking her and knocked her up? You do know she lost the baby right?”

“Stop…” I whispered covering my ears

“Explain Kenna!” Ryder growled “Why the fu-ck would you do something like this?”