[Chapter 6]: Inception

"Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay in the Black Manor." Trevor dropped very casually, and Kallie could tell it was only a formality. He hadn't meant it at all. With that, the big puppy left him to his one-handed unpacking, not even offering help, which Kallie didn't mind so much. He didn't need someone else sorting through his belongings.

"Hm, well thank you but I don't plan on just staying. I'll be living here." Even if possibly for just a year, Kallie muttered, to no one in particular since he was alone in the cardboard box-filled room. He wasn't going to act like a guest here, he'd fully treat it like his home. That was either until he ever wanted to leave or they kicked him out.

Kallie checked his phone, finding no new messages. That was expected, it was almost 7 pm and his only friend was still busy working. He sent a quick text to Johann wishing him good luck and asking how baby June was doing, knowing he'd get his answer at least an hour later.

He would've watched his cute niece for today if he wasn't moving. Instead, her cousin was babysitting. Kallie had never met the boy before but heard sweet things about him from Johann, so he didn't worry much. For the remainder of the afternoon, he unpacked as many of his items as possible.

The first thing he did was designate one area of the large bedroom for his shooting set. There was a desk and a soft leather chair already in the corner of the room. It was directly across from the door and next to the windows, a special request Kallie had asked of Trevor.

The cameras and stands he owned had been placed there, waiting to be finalized in a certain position. The lavender wall was its backdrop because that made it easier to cover up anything he might have open on his computer screen should someone walk in. That would be unlikely though since there was a lock on Kallie's door. Well, at least he thought there was.

Kallie walked to his bedroom door, checking if he was correct in his inference. He was disappointed to find out that there actually was not a lock. He'd have to ask Trevor if one could be installed. It was essential if he wanted to work in peace.

After most of his clothes were unpacked, he headed to the bathroom attached to his room. It had been a long day and he really needed a bath. When he entered, shock spread across his face at the sight in front of him. It was spotlessly clean all over, the light marble tiles glossy enough to view your reflection in. Everything was just so expensive looking.

To his left was a cozy circular bathtub that was beside a giant casement window. When Kallie opened it and looked out, he saw the large backyard of the Black manor. It was a practical placement, as the grassy grounds were considered a restricted zone to regular parkgoers. There was no risk of strangers catching a peek of him bathing, unless some of the guys decided to go out there at the same time that he was in here, most probably gazing out the window as he soaked.

Directly before the door was a glass shower stall and to the right, were large mirrors spiraling over the grandiose sink counter and toilet. It was honestly too much, Kallie had never seen a bathroom like it.

For one, it was bigger than he was used to. He was already getting excited at the prospect of shooting a few live streams in here. His viewers would definitely appreciate it. Speaking of, he'd have to post an announcement of when he'd next stream to inform his fans.

As he was too tired to wait for the tub to fill, Kallie decide to take a quick shower. He was slathering himself in lavender rose-scented body wash and shampoo, when he heard small thumps coming from somewhere, followed by a voice calling out. But they were so far and weak, that he didn't pay much attention, assuming it came from somewhere else in the house.

He examined himself and felt a bit perplexed. The cut on his stomach hadn't faded completely yet. That would be an issue since he already wore a harness to cover it up during his previous few streams. But he couldn't keep doing that forever. There were no more excuses he could give his viewers now, as wearing a top too often would make them suspicious.