[Chapter 41]: "An eye for an eye. Vengeance served."

Within a widespread circle of onlookers, stood an aggrievedly hunched Gavin, face buried in his hands. His dark, silken pajama shirt was unbuttoned, rumpled and strewn carelessly upon his shoulders. However, that was not the main thing catching everyone's eyes.

There were hickeys, a countless amount of red patches, obscurely scattered over his body. From his defined features to the very edge of his waistband. And every single one was thinly lined by marker, drawn to resemble buzzing little bees.

"I have a meeting today, what am I supposed to do with these all over me?!" Gavin panicked, rubbing vigorously at the doodles. The hickeys were no problem to him, but the dozens of bees were simply....uncool. He physically whined at the possibility of being caught by his employees, which was kinda ironic given his thoughts. "Stein, why..."

"Just cover it up, you've already rubbed most of the ink out." Stein spoke without faltering, having no remorse for the slight inconvenience he'd caused for his lover. After all, his stunt would never surmount to the many that Nathaniel had pulled on him, most with Gavin's assistance.

He hadn't done it for no reason either, having grown tired of Trevor's constant attachment due to their arguing. In all honesty, the green eyed male was lucky to not have been spanked for his misgivings already.

"You guys really did a number on him." Kallie piped up, revolving around the half-undressed salt shaker with regard. Although his eyes gleamed with amusement, he couldn't help pouting. "Why wasn't I invited?"

"Kallie, that's not helpful-" Gavin instantly rebuked, dreading what could've been had Kallie actually joined in on Stein's uncharacteristically impish act. As soon as he confronted the blonde though, all thoughts flew out his head as his mouth hung open. "What the fuck are you wearing?"

"I wouldn't invite you with that on, it's distracting." From the sidelines, Rowan offhandedly remarked, despite his exclusion from the prank. He had long shifted his attention from his mortified boyfriend to Kallie's ensemble, when the latter emerged from the basement. He had simply chosen not to speak, unwilling to address the cow...fellow first.

"Why not, don't I look cute?" Having heard the ravenette, Kallie quirked a brow in inquiry, fretting over why no one seemed to like his costume. Though he had to admit, now was probably not a suitable time to be showing it off.

"Very cute." Behind his shortest lover, Cedric commented with all the sincerity his voice could express. His fingers twitched in longing, wishing to snap picture after picture of the blonde's attire. The outfit reminded him of a character he adored, one that he'd love to see a cosplay of even if it were the opposite gender.

"Really?" Kallie unconsciously beamed, cutely hopping over towards the lettuce head in hopes of more attention. His unhealthy streaming behavior was starting to show and luckily, he was intercepted before things could escalate.

"Yeah, yeah but that's not the point." Nathaniel barged over from the periphery, waving off the blonde's advances towards Cedric. When the other's lips pursed discontentedly, he flicked Kallie's forehead before gesturing a palm at his wallowing lover. "Hey, tell me what we did to Gavin."

"Hm? You guys drew bees on him?" Kallie hesitantly professed, knowing that it wasn't the reply the other sought despite its accuracy. Rowan, fed up with standing by, approached the two and kindly informed the blonde of his misgivings.

"They also gave him hickeys, Kallie. Hickeys. From up here," The ravenette emphasised, carefully tapping at the other's neck. His fingers trailed down the conventionally placed boob window on Kallie's top straight to his hips, randomly poking along the way. "To all the way down there. Did you really wanna join in?"