[Chapter 42]: Time Unrelenting

I'm still alive guys, I'm surviving (ɵ̥̥ ˑ̫ ɵ̥̥ ) yay.

Sorry for basically disappearing, I didn't know I'd be gone either...
At my school, AP exams were ongoing. I didn't take any (••) but well, I was swamped with many, many final projects and exams. Still have a few left too...

There were no chapters out last month as I didn't really have the will to focus on writing. I promise I'll be updating in June! =Σʕʔ

I still wanna give you guys a little something now though. Therefore, I present this (kinda shitty..) thing to you:

**********

The faint creaking of gears and grating noise of metal filled the bright space of the elevator as it gradually ascended. Kallie reclined against the wall, on his toes for the coming surroundings.

Directly in front of the doors, Gavin stood with his back to everyone, tidying up his appearance every so often. Nathaniel hovered behind him, throwing out a thumbs up for the brunette to catch through the doors reflection. Cedric and Rowan leaned snuggly against each other in the opposite corner, speaking in whispers about the former's garden, making plans to harvest some fruit or other.

Everyone seemed nonchalant, holding no big expectations for when they would finally get to Gavin's office. But Kallie couldn't help overthinking. The main reason for his presence was essentially to act as Gavin's makeup artist. He was hardly close enough with the other to feel that he belonged here. What was he to do on this outing, he wondered.

With a ding, the elevator abruptly landed on their floor and as soon as the doors opened, Kallie became distracted by the sight before him. The beige hallways were meticulously decorated with refreshing potted plants, while the wood paneled floors were outlined by glossy white tiles. It was a typical office area, though less drab than expected.

The group of five ambled through the brightly lit space, passing innumerable white doors. Kallie quickly noticed that there was no one besides them walking by, as most of the doors were closed. "It's kinda empty here."

"Of course. We're on my exclusive floor. Only authorized personnel are allowed here." Gavin affirmed as if it were a given. Being the owner and CEO of the Knight Corporation had it's advantages, after all. He assuredly strode forward while offhandedly checking his watch, reaching the large double doors situated at the end of the long hall. "I've got around an hour until my meeting. You guys should stay in the waiting room while I prepare."

"What? We didn't come all this way to sit around." Nathaniel complained, his mind still filled with raunchy thoughts from his failed escapade earlier. They were in an office after all, and Romantic office endeavors were exciting. He couldn't deny such being the reason why he'd followed along in the first place, why most of them had in fact.

"Not now. We can talk about this later, Nathaniel." Gavin glanced at Kallie, who was too focused on his surroundings. He didn't need the blonde to read the obvious implications in their conversation. Frankly, he also wanted to enjoy himself a bit. It wasn't often that his boyfriends had the chance to visit his workplace.

Nathaniel huffed, pulling Cedric into his arms as he trudged away. Kallie followed wordlessly, as he was unfamiliar with the surroundings. Rowan meanwhile glided into the room behind his lover, declaring his wish for a short talk.

Inside the large office, Rowan found the ever present partitions separating the three desks used by Gavin's assistants. They were empty at the moment, the workers likely off on their own errands. Rowan moved excitably at the sight, practically speeding through a door in the back of the room, into the isolated space that was Gavin's private office.