[Chapter 44]: Pool Party

Kallie trudged up to the Black manor's porch, a large cup of coffee occupying his hands. Before him, two figures walked shoulder to shoulder until the very moment they entered through the front door. Kallie casually listened to them exchange simple conversation with possibly the warmest air about them.

"Are you sure that's enough?" Trevor's tone insinuated that it wouldn't be, as he peered down at the single, palm-sized blueberry pie within Cedric's hold. They had bought it, along with the coffee, from the cafe near Gavin's company.

Initially, it was a light snack while they waited for Nathaniel and Rowan to join them. But those two had sent a text, having decided to return with Gavin in the evening. As Trevor still had the car keys, he drove the rest of them home with assurance that Gavin could borrow a company car later.

"Mhm." Cedric responded as he forked some pie into his mouth. It didn't compare to any flavor of Mycah's pies but nevertheless tasted pretty good. His lover's cherry pie would always be his number one favorite though.

"Really? Don't regret it when you finish that up and want more later." Trevor chuckled, slipping his shoes off before heading into the living room. Kallie and Cedric both made to follow until the former suddenly stopped in his tracks. 

"Ah, that's right. I almost forgot, Cedric." The blonde turned to Cedric with curious eyes, having realized what he had regrettably let slip from his mind. He thought back to the endearing moment they'd nearly shared in the waiting room of Gavin's company and felt all the more guilty. "You were gonna tell me something, weren't you? Before we uh, got interrupted."

Cedric instantly stilled, eyes growing wide as he glancing at his distracted boyfriend on the couch. Wordlessly, he dragged Kallie backwards by the arm and hurriedly shuffled up the stairs with the other, and his pie, in tow. Hopefully, Trevor hadn't heard the question or noticed his frantic behavior. Kallie on the other hand, was baffled as he tried his best keeping up.

As soon as they reached the landing, Cedric pulled Kallie through the hall straight towards his bedroom. The door was smoothly shut before Kallie finally got released. Despite the mini heart attack he'd received, the blonde gradually got around to observing the sunflower-hued room.

With stuffed animals galore and several potted plants by the bay window, Kallie thought Cedric's bedroom was much like his own, on a grander scale. Though admittedly, he did not have anything to compare with the large wall pinned with polaroid pictures. The sheer amount and overall contents of what Kallie could catch upon the photos proved just how much Cedric loved photography.

"Um, Kallie..." Opposite to Kallie's wonder, Cedric released a shaky breath after setting down his now finished pie. He watched the blonde glance around his room with the slightest anxiety that his eyes could convey. In his point of view, Kallie's face seemed more scrutinizing and critical than reality. The mistaken impression made it hard for him to think, let alone speak.

"Do you like me? Am I...a good person?" The lettuce head eventually blurted out his thoughts in a fashion fitting of his usual blunt demeanor. The words were akin to a fastball, coming in full speed as they completely threw Kallie off guard.

"W-what? Why would you ask that?" Kallie quickly exclaimed while unconsciously reaching for the other's hands. He paid mind only to the first sentence, as it struck a chord in him. Honestly, he should've answered the second. It would've saved him a great deal of drama. "Does it seem that way to you?"

"You don't like me then?" Cedric retracted his hands unsurely, voice wavering. It truly didn't seem that way, but he could always be wrong...

"Of course I don't! You're datin-" Kallie stopped midway, perceiving the strange mood. Finally, his confusion cleared enough to draw his attention towards Cedric's expression. To his dismay, the other looked completely crestfallen. That was not a sight he was expecting.