35|| Promises

35|| Promises

Everyone was in the courtyard saying there goodbyes, while Vanessa was still packing. Not wanting to face the crowds of people with their looks of sympathy she took her time packing.

Her mind was numb, she couldn't cry anymore. If he was still alive they would be say their goodbye right about now. Fiddling with the ring on her finger she noticed something engraved on the inside.

'Breathe'

She smiled slightly. Cedric always brought her back down, telling her to breathe. Sliding the ring back on her finger this was the last piece she had of him, she would treasure it for a lifetime.

Hearing a knock at the door, she closed her trunk to reveal Dumbledore.

"Vanessa I have come to speak to you" He smiled sitting on Hermione's old bed. Sitting on her own she pulled the sleeves down on her jumper to cover her hands.

"Cedric Diggory-" She cringed slightly at the mention of his name. "It will get better, you may not think it now but it will" He hummed, remembering how agonising her screams were.

She nodded as she looked out the window. "You are strong Weasley. A lot stronger than i think any of us can understand. What Barty Crouch Junior said about you being a perfect candidate, he has had a chance to roam about in your mind, seeing your limits and capabilities" He said.

She nodded remembering when he was the cause of her fainting that day. "When you come back next year, we will have a lesson to improve shutting your mind off. It's a handy thing to have. But for now, I want you to read this book go through everything page by pages and not miss a single thing out" He whispered sternly as she took the book from him.

'Advance guide to defending against the dark art: Protecter addition'

Looking at the barely touch book some would say it was almost brand new. "Thank you professor" She whispered softly looking back up to him.

"Over the course of next year you will go through a lot and even find more weak points but you will come back better than ever Miss Weasley I promise. Cedric would have wanted that" He smiled standing up and walking towards the door but stopped.

"Oh and you and Mr Malfoy?" He smiled again making her blush slightly. "Yeah" She giggled think of Draco and how he would have frozen still if he was here.

The professor smiled, Draco was going to be a big part of her life and hopefully all happy. Exiting Vanessa quickly pulled her trunk down the stairs and meeting her friends watching the other schools leave.

"You ready?" Ron smiled taking her trunk, give him a nodded they made their way down to the train and finding a nice seat for the journey.

"Promise to write this summer Ness" Hermione asked her the boys chuckled knowing she had just had this conversation with them. "Of course I write to you all the time" She smiled.

"I'll even force Ron to write" She chuckled earning him to frown. "So what's happening with you and Malfoy over the summer?" Harry asked.

She smiled and looked out the window. "I think I'm meeting his family" She whispered earning Ron's eyes to widen.

"Bloody Hell, I didn't think you guys were that serious" He whispered making her smile. "You aren't bring him over to meet mum and dad are you?!" He almost yelled making them all laugh.

"Well if she wants to Weasley, than i would be more than happy to meet your parents" Draco's voice came from the passage way. Ron rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Go on I guess you want to say goodbye to him" he huffed like a child making her push him little. Quickly exiting they found the passage way that looked over the amazing view of the country.

He wrapped his arms around her frame placing a kiss on her shoulder. She wore a basic pair of jeans she stole from Ron that she tailed to fitted her perfectly. And an off the shoulder red jumper showing off his necklace that she never took off.

"I'm going to miss you" She whispered turning around and placing her arms around his neck. "Aw Bambi I'll see you in the summer remember" He smirked down at her as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm nervous about meeting your parents Draco, I'm a Weasley they don't necessarily like my family" She chuckled as he rolled his eyes. "I'll put them on their best behaviour, just for you" He whispered placing a kiss on her lips.

"But promise me one thing you will write to me about them, what to do and what not to do and what to wear" She said making him laugh. "You really want to impress them?" He said as she nodded.

"Well If i want you in my future then yes i want to impress them" She smiled earning his heart to melt. She wants him to stay in her life. And that was enough to make him smile wildly picking her up and spinning her around.

"Oh Vanessa Weasley what have you done to me" He laughed listening to her beautiful giggle.

-

Getting over the train the first thing she saw was her mother, crying obviously. Running into her arms, Molly was taken back by her daughters tight cuddle. She really missed her mum and at times like this she really needed her.

"Oh Honey, I've missed you too" She whispered as Vanessa wiped the tears away for her. "I've missed you more Mum" She giggled hearing her dad cough.

"And you too dad I've missed you too" She laughed as he wrapped her in a tight hug. Stepping away she let all her siblings hug their parents. Feeling a tap on her shoulder she turned to the familiar platinum blonde himself and his family.

"So i will see you in the summer" He smirked placing a kiss on her cheek. "We are looking forward to having you" His mother smiled at her however his father stayed silent giving her a disappointing look.

"Give him time, he'll come around" He whispered in her ear, giving him once last hug she made her way back to her family.

Who her mum and dad stood shocked. "Oh yeah" Ron smiled evilly getting his revenge back for not listening to him. "Vanessa got a new boyfriend this year dad" he smirked. "Yeah and its Draco Malfoy by the way" the twins joined in making her cheeks turn pink.

"Oh shut up" She playful hissed at her brothers who all laughed.

Her dad swung an arm over her shoulder as the walked down the platform.

"You really never listen to do" He smiled at her.

"Never!"