10|| Clearing The Mind

They were dismissed from class. Hermione noticed her friends slight change in mood, linking her arm with her, she felt as if she didn't hold her, Vanessa was freeze in time trapped in her mind.

Walking through the crowd, Draco was quick to his feet hot on her tracks. He wanted to get in that head of her, he wanted to know why she was so distant. As he searched through the crowd he lost sight of her.

A growing frustration grew as eventually he found her, walking towards Cedric Diggory.

"Hey i thought i would walk you to your next lesson" He smiled down at the Weasley. Hermione let go of her arm shooting a concern up to Cedric. He nodded in response, he knew something was up with Vanessa, he was the best person to get it out of her.

"I'll see you in the common room" Hermione smiles before disappearing off with the two boys. Cedric held out his arm was she gladly took.

Draco caught sight of this and decided to fall close behind. "So why the long face Nessie" Cedric smiled but she didn't reply with her normal cheerful smirk. Her eyes full of worry and her lips pulled into a fine line.

"I saw your face when they announced about the tournament, are you going for it?" She asked, this really caught his attention, stopping her in the hallway and placing both hands on her shoulders.

"Hey I'll be fine, you don't have to worry" He tried to reassure her but she was stubborn, very stubborn. "You know the death toll don't you? Cedric I don't think it's worth the glory that comes with it" She whispered biting her lip trying to hold back the lump in her throat that was growing.

Draco watched as she bit her lip, he was transfixed. Like everyone in the halls had disappeared and it was just him and her. He wanted it to be just him and her.

"Vanessa get out of your head, you are overthinking, i will be fine. Besides we both know you can't live without me" He smirked down at her making that devilish smirk appear. Because it was true, even though she didn't picture a loving relationship with Cedric, she couldn't live without him being there to catch her when she falls.

"Oh shut up, you're just obsessed with me" She laughed flicking her hair making him retaliate by tickling her sides, she let out a shriek before taking off with him picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder.

Draco watched as he knew they are meant to be, they looked like soulmates. He was jealous that Diggory could get her to smile without even trying. She let out another contagious laugh as he walked off with the girl Draco wanted the most.