Prison Break

"That was easy. No ones out right now. There's about fourteen Fire-breathing dragons at the Smelters," reported little Wu, panting from his short scouting mission.

    The Ninja groaned.

    "That's so many," whined Jay.

    "But that is all the more dragons that could possibly transport us home," pointed out Zane.

    Cole glanced sorrowfully around the Pit. "There's still so many trapped in here too."

    "Can you please just bust us out so we can set the dragons free and get it over with?" pleaded Kai.

    The Earth Ninja shook his head. "Not after last night. It's clear the dragons aren't the only ones suffering."

    That sobered the Ninja's moods quite a bit. It was clear there were dark powers at work in this Realm and among the Dragon Hunters; or, in the very least, much tyranny, which were two things the Ninja could not stand.

    "Do you think Heavy Metal is okay?" questioned kid Wu, swaying on his feet a little.

    "Probably. Are you okay though?" asked Kai, focusing in on the child who was beginning to look ill.

    Wu waved him off, "Yeah, yeah. I think I was just out in the sun too long. I'm fine though." As soon as the words left his lips, he doubled over and threw up.

    That immediately sent all the Ninja into panic mode. 

    Zane scanned their young master, sharing the results, "It appears Master Wu is suffering from heat exhaustion. If left untreated it could progress into heat stroke, and eventually, death."

    That did not help any of the Ninjas' panic subside, especially when young Wu collapsed.

    "Quick! Pass me some water," ordered Cole, catching Wu before he hit the ground.

    He winced as he scooped the child into his arms. Wu's skin was cool and clammy, despite the blazing desert heat.

    Kai appeared doubtful as he passed him the small bowl of water they were allowed to have. "I'm not sure if this stuff is water. It tastes weird."

    "It's better than nothing," responded Cole, taking the water and splashing some on Wu's face in an attempt to rouse him.

    The young boy stirred, his eyes flickering open. He whimpered, "My head hurts."

    It was at that moment, Heavy Metal walked into view, frowning as he saw the foreigners still present. The multicolored Elementals all snapped their heads in his direction. He was about to nag them about leaving when the older, disguised "Dangerbuff" spoke urgently, presenting his ill-looking apprentice.

    "Can you help him? He needs water and a cool area."

    "Fine. Follow me," sighed Heavy Metal, after a moment of quiet deliberation. He mentally rolled his eyes as he motioned for Dangerbuff to follow him. Since when had he gone so soft? He was going to regret ever meeting these people, wasn't he? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

    As Cole carried Wu inside a random hut, he winced at Heavy Metal's metallic voice bellowing, "Zahara!"

    The inside of the building was cluttered with dried leaves and other weird assortments of dead vegetation and animal parts. Though it was unsettling, it was obviously some sort of healer's abode.

    A deep but distinctly feminine voice groaned from the next room, "What now? Isn't everyone supposed to be sleeping?"

    A relatively tall woman emerged, pausing at the sight of the high-ranking officer. She frowned, appearing mildly puzzled. "Heavy Metal? You know I can't give you anything, right?"