Heavy Metal

Yeah, I know. The Hunted Arc in the Realm of Oni and Dragons is pretty slow, but eventually stuff will happen.

   The marooned Ninja spent the rest of the daylight hours anxiously looking on as the Hunters captured dragon after dragon. Thankfully, no more deaths occurred. Although, there was a decent number of breaks, sprains, and bruises.

    Cole and young Wu did everything they could to subtly mess up the Hunters. Eventually, Jet Jack shooed them away, deeming them "useless." She ordered them to go guard the prisoners as they were doing more harm than good for everyone else.

    "I'm telling you, I think he's our friend," surmised Jay, referring to Heavy Metal.

    "Nuh-uh. Just 'cause he uncrazied you doesn't make him our friend," debated Kai. "He kept saying they needed us for bait!"

    "But it was a welcoming gift. That's nice," argued Jay.

    "I'm confused," admitted Cole, keeping his eyes straight ahead to keep up the impression he was being a watchful guard. "Like, he doesn't seem that bad, but the way he takes down all the dragons is really brutal."

    "Exactly, so we gotta bust outta here as soon as possible! If they eat dragons," Kai shuddered as he said this, "what do you think they're gonna do with us?!"

    "Kai, the chance of us escaping from our current position unnoticed is extremely slim. We are in the middle of their camp," pointed out Zane. "Not to mention, we know nothing of this Realm. Where would we go?"

    "Guys, it's getting dark," noted Jay nervously. "Cole! Little Wu! Let us out!"

    "Sorry, but you heard Zane. We're gonna get caught if we do," apologized Cole.

    Everyone stopped conversing as Daddy-No-Legs and Muzzle marched up, a dangerous glint in their eyes.

    "Now the real hunt begins!" declared Daddy-No-Legs excitedly.

    Muzzle mumbled something as he opened the cage which made his companion give a short, rough laugh.

    "You're right. It would be a shame if the dragons ate them all tonight," chuckled Daddy-No-Legs darkly.

    All the marooned Ninja gulped at this statement. Passively, they filed out, begrudgingly allowing for cuffs to be clipped onto their wrists. For good measure, chains were also placed around their ankles to hinder an easy escape.

    The Masters of Ice, Fire, and Lightning were led to a tall structure the Hunters had erected just outside their group of vehicles. Each Ninja was gracelessly hauled to the top of it courtesy of Jet Jack.

    Cole and Wu watched. They winced when Jay slipped from Jet Jack's grip slightly. She caught him, but also ended up giving him the wedgie of a lifetime. 

    Iron Baron limped over to the scaffold with his ever-present number two at his side who carried a torch to light his steps. 

    "Hunters!" he bellowed. "Be prepared for the hunt of your lives!"

    His people raised their weapons and cheered as their leader turned and started the strange machine underneath the towering structure. 

    Cole immediately covered Wu's eyes and pulled him close. He grimaced at the sound of his brothers' agonized shouts. 

    Electricity pulsed through the machine, shocking the chains that bound the Ninja. Through the flashes of blinding pain, they felt something peculiar. Along with the electricity, they felt the rush of something else, an unlocking of something within them. Much to their surprise, their Elements began firing involuntarily, lighting up the darkened sky.