Illogical Hope

Panic welled up inside Pixal. Where was Mr.E? She couldn't see anything. Had he already destroyed her? What happened?!

    Soon, in the mysterious darkness, she saw a pinprick of light. Instinctively, she began to move towards it. In an instant, the light washed over her, causing her to shield herself from the sudden exposure. When she looked again, right there in front of her stood Zane. Her Zane.

    'I must be dead. Mr.E killed me.' thought Pixal. There was obviously no other explanation to account for seeing a deceased loved one.

    Interestingly, Zane seemed as shocked and confused as she was. He spoke tentatively, "Pixal?... What are you doing here?"

    "I am unsure," replied Pixal honestly before asking aloud to confirm her fears. "Are we both dead?"

    More bewilderment shone on Zane's face. "No, I am pretty certain this is a vision. I am stranded in another Realm with my brothers."

    Sensibility told Pixal that she must be dead and that this manifestation was a mere creation of her desire to see Zane alive. However, hearing him say that he was alive sent a surge of hope through her system. She still hesitated to draw closer to him. "But... we witnessed your demise at the hands of the Colossus."

    Zane turned his head away, looking bashful. "Oh," he chuckled nervously. "I suppose it did seem that way to everyone. But, uh, it turns out that appearances can be deceiving. I assure you, I am alive."

    Perhaps this was all just wishful dreaming, but Pixal couldn't help herself as she quickly closed the reserved distance between her and the-completely-not-crushed Titanium Ninja. She hugged him tight and momentarily, all was perfect. She fearfully repeated his words as if he could suddenly disappear or change his mind about his current state of being. "You are alive," breathed Pixal, staring happily up at Zane. 

    As worried as she was, something in her heart firmly assured her that this no hallucination.

    Zane returned her embrace and offered her a soft grin. "Affirmative."

    "How did you survive and why are you in another Realm?" questioned Pixal, still holding tightly onto Zane. 

    "Mystaké gave us Traveler's Tea and—" 

    Zane was interrupted by an angry gasp from Pixal. "Mystaké never informed us about that!"

    "Really?"

    Now Pixal looked angry. She pushed away from Zane and anxiously twisted a lock of her silvery hair. She paced in small circle, venting her thoughts, "How could she not have at least given us the hope that you could still be alive?! She knew and yet did not tell us. Lloyd, Nya, and I are so obviously distressed at the fact of losing you and the team. Why in Ninjago would she keep this from us?!"

    As she frantically spouted off questions, Zane couldn't help the proud observation that slipped through his head. 'She is having a very "human" reaction.'

    He placed his hand on her shoulder to stop her pacing. "At least now you can notify Nya and Lloyd that we are working to find our way home." He promised her determinedly, "I will see you again."

    Pixal smiled at his reassuring words and then frowned as she mentioned something that made Zane's mood darken significantly, "I certainly hope I have the opportunity to, as long as I can survive my encounter with Mr.E."

    "Mr.E attacked you?" said Zane in an almost growling tone.

    "Is attacking," corrected Pixal. "He was about to critically wound me with his katanas when this happened." She motioned toward Zane and the odd darkness surrounding them.