Beginning of Forgiveness

Wu bowed his head low, weeping over the lifeless form of his brother. All had been lost, yet everything had been gained. The balance of Ninjago had been restored.

    "Sensei?" A gentle hand touched his back. He found himself staring up into the dimmed, sad eyes of Pixal and Skylor. "What do we do now?"

    Wu heaved a heavy sigh, looking across the mass of people who were gathered solemnly. Their expressions also begged for guidance. He had lived a very long life, two lives now, but he had no wisdom to give. He would not lie and give sweet words of assurance or false promises. He had learned by now that was not how a true Master lead. Things usually worked themselves out if truth was allowed to run its course. Lies just led to tangled webs.

    "I... do not know."

    "I do," said Mr. E softly, approaching them. Pixal tensed and stared in surprise at the unmasked droid. His voice was higher and carried a more innocent tone than expected. He smiled sheepishly. "The Tornado of Creation fixed more than just the Realm."

    His expression turned serious once more. "But I know what to do. It is what the Ninja did. We do not give up and start anew. Again and again, Ninjago is attacked but I have seen you people endure it all and rise up stronger. We will rebuild."

    Wu nodded, getting slowly to his feet. "You are right." He blinked back tears that threatened to fall down his face. "We will honor our fallen and rebuild just like before."

    "And what of them?" questioned Gravis, pointing towards the Sons of Garmadon who shuffled nervously and ducked their heads. They knew they deserved imprisonment for life or worse for the crimes they committed. Who knew joining a crime cult could result in such destruction.

    "They will help repair the damage they caused and then we will see what consequences the people of Ninjago will impart to them," said Wu.

    The Sons of Garmadon nodded their heads in acceptance, the bloody battle having made them compliant.

    The survivors atop the monastery dispersed to count their dead and tend to their wounded. Wu was grateful for his young body as he trekked down the numerous steps with a group to bury the fallen. They all winced, their stomachs turning at the gory scene that they found at the bottom of the mountain. With all reverence possible, they laid the departed to rest.

    Those who had lost people close to them grieved accordingly while others mustered the strength to return to their city. Small joy was found that those influenced by the dark smoke were free from its effects. The Elemental Masters who were scarred by Omega's influence were slowly on the mend.

    Wu's life-weary self found himself stepping into leadership roles in organizing reconstruction in the dirtied streets of Ninjago City. During that time, his body finally caught up with his age. 

    Cyrus Borg, outfitted in a new wheelchair, was the one who found him and advised. "Take a break. I can take over from here. It's not my first time helping rebuild this city. You have been through far too much to be pushing yourself to such lengths." 

    When Wu appeared conflicted, Borg's eyes were kind and understanding behind his lenses as he gently added, "This is not what the Ninja would have wanted, seeing their Master running himself ragged. I have also advised Pixal and Skylor to relax." He pointed down the road to a small tea shop.

    Wu stepped into the small shop and almost turned right back around, realizing he had caught the two in a serious conversation; but Skylor had already caught his eye and nodded her acknowledgment, not pausing in her talk with the Samurai.

    The still teenage Master's eyes widened as he ordered some ginseng tea and caught the last part of Skylor's apparent apology.

    "–and I'm so sorry I shot you."