Inside Kryptarium

"Ugh, Karlof starving!" groaned the Master of Metal loudly, for the millionth time that hour.

    Bolobo stuck his arm out of his cell and waved, "Same."

    "I'm bored," sighed Neuro, laying on the lumpy cot and staring blankly at the ceiling. He'd already counted all the rivets in the ceiling multiple times. There were precisely 214 of them.

    Karlof banged on the bars, demanding, "Give Karlof food now!"

    "Would you shut up!" hollered Luke Cunningham, feeling cheated at being given such a boring, thankless job. These prisoners were annoying. "This ain't no five star hotel!"

    "It ain't a five star prison anymore either!" shouted Tox. "This place stinks! Literally!"

    Warden Noble, who had the misfortune of being thrown into one of the very cells he had once been in charge of, yelled across the room apologetically, "Sorry! It's not my fault these guys have no idea how to properly run a prison!"

    Luke gave a massive sigh of annoyance and rolled his eyes. He was just about as bored as the prisoners were. "Quit that!" he ordered, yanking the metal cup out of Jacob's hands as the Elemental Master had been running it across the bars nonstop for about an hour. 

    Just as he was about to let loose another massive sigh, a fellow Sons of Garmadon member waltzed over. She proposed an interesting idea.

    "Y'know, we've got some stale bread. We could make 'em fight for it."

    His eyes lit up. True! Why throw all these good fighters in here and not use them? 

    He made and an announcement, "Hey, yous! Ya want food? Well, you gotta fight for it."

    Tox, Karlof, and Jacob were eager volunteers.

    "I volunteer as tribute!"

    "Ooh! Pick me!"

    "Yes! Finally some action!"

    Luke raised a questioning eyebrow, mildly off put by their enthusiasm. His next words dampened the excitement. "You gotta fight each other."

    The Elemental Masters made a face and slowly pulled their raised hands back into their cells. Never mind. That was too much like the Tournament of Elements.

    "Aw, c'mon now. You're all chickens?" jeered a female guard.

    "Ooh, roast chicken sounds so good right now," chimed in Ray in a wistful tone.

    "Yeah," agreed Maya, "on a bed of steamed vegetables."

    "Ugh, stop. You're making me hungry now," sighed the Police Commissioner.

    Seeing as they were getting sidetracked again, Luke Cunningham ran a hand down his face. "Alright, alright." He pointed to two of the original volunteers, Tox and Karlof. "You 'n you. Fight."

    Tox raised her eyebrow, stubbornly refusing. "Um, no. This isn't the Tournament of Elements."

    Karlof just sat down obstinately in the middle of his cell.

    Luke was about to address the Master of Sound when he piped up, "Yeah, buddy. Don't even look at me."

    Chopper Maroon made a more tempting offer. "Fine. How 'bout you getta fight some of us? If ya win, then you can have some bread."

    That generated some interest again among both the prisoners and the Sons of Garmadon. Nothing like beating up your enemy to really liven things up a bit.