➳ 𝐝𝐞́𝐣𝐚̀ 𝐯𝐮

Start from the beginning

"But you still do," she replied, dragging one knee towards her chest to hug. "And don't say it's because I'm making the wrong choices. Or because I was being clumsy at the park. You're being cruel to me ever since we broke up."

Jungkook slid his hand down as the smoke came out of his lips in slow puffs until it disappeared through the air. "I know. I guess... this life is changing me in a way I can't really explain. The pressure Yoongi keeps putting on my back, wanting me to take his place while I'm trying so hard to leave it... Meantime, my mom... she's still there, Lisa. She's still in that bed getting worse every fucking day, I don't-" he sighed again, and Lisa's features softened.

She didn't answer, but apparently, the silence was the comfort she could give it.

"I just wish it could be easier..." he murmured.

Lisa offered a weak smile and said, "Me too."

"The only good thing happening to me right now is her... She's the support that I needed."

The girl nodded slowly, her eyes drifting to the sky. "Do you love her?"

Jungkook glanced at her, immediately regretting saying anything in the first place. He took another drag, eyes closing after. "No."

Lisa's brow rose in surprise at that. "No?"

He sighed. "I don't know."

Again, the conversation hit a lull as both said nothing, staring up and feeling the chilling, but at the same, relaxing breeze of the beginning of autumn.

"Jieun, she's..." Jungkook hesitated a moment before continuing. "She's someone I fantasized about while working with her brother. We got along after I enrolled, and- well... it happened."

"She's Lucas's sister, isn't it?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I see," Lisa smiled sarcastically. "Not only you're dating the girl whose brother is your ex-client. But also "fantasized" about her while dating me. Great news."

"Shit," Jungkook cursed under his breath, a hand running down his face. Then, he smiled. "Ok, I admit it. But I never cheated on you, Lisa. She only attracted me... and I'm a man after all."

"That's your excuse? You're a man?" she huffed. "I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for the rules you'd-"

"I wouldn't," he cut her. "I would never hurt you on purpose."

Slowly, Lisa shifted her gaze from the overhead view to stare at Jungkook's profile.

"You're not the kind of guy who would start a relationship with someone based on their looks only. If you're doing it now, you must feel something for her to go on and take chances like that," she looked away to continue. "At least that's what I know from experience."

Jungkook snorted and gave a dismissive nod. "Sounds 'bout right."

"Why are you doing this? Why are you committed to a girl who can literally destroy your life? Aren't you scared?"

Lisa heard him let out a heavy sigh and felt the roof to bounce as he shifted to stand. He gave back her joint. "It's best if we drop it here. I already said too much," he said, then nodded to the ladder's direction. "C'mon, let's go before Yoongi kills us both."

She pushed to her feet, watching him walk away. "You should listen to me for once."

Jungkook paused, looking over his shoulder. "I still regret the last time I did it."